Change NopCommerce Website URL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello all,

I'm trying to migrate and change the website URL of my nopCommerce store.

I've copied my files and cloned my database, in my database i've gone into the Store table and changed the url and hosts from oldurl.com to newurl.com accordingly but I get a Internal Server error.

Is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks
5 years ago
Hi,

Did you change your database server? If you did, then you should change the "DataConnectionString" value in "dataSettings.json" file too.

Best
5 years ago
Apologies, I forgot to mention that.

Yes I have changed dataSettings.json to be my newly cloned database connection credentials

Thanks
5 years ago
If database connection credentials are correct and you get errors, then you can check the log table in DB and find the exact error. If there is no error, so, there is some misconfiguration in IIS.
5 years ago
Thanks,

Yeah sadly there are no errors in the Log table corresponding to changing the url. I will attempt to contact my hosting provider and will post the results.
5 years ago
For those reading in the future, what I did above was correct.

The only issue which was causing the internal error was folder permissions for website folder.

Once that was set it worked.
5 years ago
I'm glad that your problem was solved.

Have a good day!

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.