Fake Client Registrations

1 year ago
Hi,

Since I launched the Web site with nopCommerce, I have been very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the app.  You guys have done such a tremendous job with this and you deserve a great THANK YOU!  Wordpress was a nightmare to manage and maintain.  There was always a threat of attack and every other day, there was a new update to install.  It was a full-time job to keep up with Wordpress.  nopCommerce is a time saver!

Nevertheless, the scammers are still out there and I have noticed four client registrations that are not valid.  I checked the IP address and they are from Ukraine and Russia.  I deleted them and reported the IP.  

Although I have reCapcha and a policy verification checkbox on the Registration page, I am still getting these fake users.  Is it possible for them to register with a link that bypasses the web page scam checks?  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
1 year ago
Activate "honeypot"
1 year ago
ksprovis.net wrote:
Activate "honeypot"

I enabled HoneyPot and still got a fake registration.  What else can I do to keep from getting those?
1 year ago
ksprovis.net wrote:
Activate "honeypot"

Hey @New York,

The HoneyPot seems to be working.  I have not had any other fake registrations since I initiated honeypot.  :)
1 year ago
ksprovis.net wrote:
Activate "honeypot"

Hey New York,

Honeypot may be leaking because I received three fake registrations today from different IP addresses:

Is it possible for me to change my Registration page  "/register" link to a new link, such as "/ulsregistration"?

I do not know how they are managing to get through.  I have recapcha, honeypot, and a checkbox to agree with policy settings.  They are all required and yet, I am still getting fake registrations.
1 year ago
Hi,

Yes you can, just change the register route inside the "RouteProvider.cs" file. Also, you need to change any reference to "Register" to be "your new link"