How to config mail account for nopCommerce on arvixe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,
i try to use an email account from arvixe in my store, what is the correct config?
I use:
Email address:     [email protected]
Email display name:   MyStore
Host:   mail.mystore.com
Port:   465 (like indicate on arvixe)
User:   [email protected]
Password:   mypassword
Enable SSL:   check
Use default credentials: uncheck

but when i try to send an email i recive an "time out operation".
13 years ago
Blaykry wrote:
Hi,
i try to use an email account from arvixe in my store, what is the correct config?
I use:
Email display name:   MyStore
Host:   mail.mystore.com
Port:   465 (like indicate on arvixe)
Password:   mypassword
Enable SSL:   check
Use default credentials: uncheck

but when i try to send an email i recive an "time out operation".

Hello Blaykry

Have you created/setup your mailbox in your account ? If no, then you have to set up a mailbox first soemthing like [email protected]

Let's assume you have setup a mailbox as "[email protected]"

Here's the mail settings for Arvixe:

Email display name:   Your Store Name
Host:   mail.yourdomain.com
Port:   25
Password: Password_Of_Your_Mailbox
Enable SSL:   UNCHECK
Use default credentials: UNCHECK

Save these setting and now try sending test e-mail, it should work...
13 years ago
Hi abcd_12345,
thanks, i changed settings as you said me. but i think that the problem is I had used a password like name!"£ but i think that the special caracters doesn't support...
13 years ago
Then login to your Arvixe account and change password of your mailbox to something else there and then save your new password in nopCommerce mail setting and then test the setting , it should work...
13 years ago
if i use psw= something!"£ doesn't work.
psw=something123 does work.
13 years ago
if you want to use special symbol try using only those symbols that are available on yoour numeric section of keyboard like "@" or "$" or "!" etc
8 years ago
I have the same problem with the "time out operation" after the port is set to 465 and the SSL is checked, but I spoke with my host administrator and he saw that when I try to send email from my own domain it is secure (because I own SSL certificate) and I can use port 25 without concerns. That is why it can't manage to make secure connection, because (if I understood correctly) it is internal and safe (you send emails from the server where you website is hosted).
8 years ago
Having SSL for your site is not significant.  Using port 25 with Arvixe is OK/secure because with Arvixe the mail server is on the same server as the website
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.