Customers are created as inactive

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello,

I have an issue with my nopCommerce installation that customers are by default not active when their accounts are created.

I have set the Registration method Email Validation, and not Admin Validation - but i still need to activate them manually.

Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

I'm not very experienced in coding, so i don't know where to look for this.
4 years ago
Hello,

If you've set the Registration method to "Email Validation" the customer's accounts won't be active until they activate their accounts via the emails sent to them by your store. You can manually activate them too from the administration.

If you want their accounts to be activated by default just choose "Standard account creation".

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton
4 years ago
Hi Anton,

Thank you for your answer :)

I, however, think we misunderstand each other.

I want the customers to validate their account by clicking the confirmation link in their email, but I don't want to manually activate the accounts.

I have chosen the setting email validation, which should accomplish this.

However, it acts as if I chose the admin validation - the customer receives a link, but even if they click it, when they try to sign in it says the account is not active, and I need to do it manually through the control panel.

Do I make sense? :)

Thank you
4 years ago
Hi.

no sense at all.

The email validation functionality works exactly as you need. Once the customer clicks on the email link, his account is automatically validated and enabled.

In other hand, on manual validation, you must validate each customer by yourself.

Take a look at nopCommerce documentation for that here:

http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Customer+settings
4 years ago
Hi,

I know how it is supposed to work, but it does not behave according to the documentation on my installation.

It's the source of this error that I'm trying to locate and fix.

I have a programmer attached, but he hasn't got any idea what is causing it.

He states that whether the account is activated and validated is not the same.

Is this true also?
4 years ago
Hello,

This should not usually happen. Do you have any errors in your System Log (Administration -> System -> Log)?

Regards,
Anton
4 years ago
Hi,

is there a solution to the problem above. We face absolutely the same problem.
The setting for user registration method is: Email validation is required after registration. The user registers, receive e-mail, then click on the link and follows screen with info that e-mail is valid.
When the user tries to log in, an error occurs that he/she is inactive. In the customers list, he/she is not active indeed.  We have no errors in logs either.

We will appreciate any help and experience, thanks.
4 years ago
Hey!

We did get it fixed yes, but I am not actually 100% sure what did it..

I think there was several elements to it - one was that we couldn't access the website internally without making some change to the host file, so the link to activate the account didn't work - not sure if that was the fix we had that worked..

But my honest suggestion is to change to something else than NopCommerce before you get too deep into it - I didn't choose that we should use NopCommerce at our company, but I still haven't forgiven the for doing so..
4 years ago
Thank you,

We will keep searching because the strange thing is that at first it was working, but when some customer settings were changed in accordance with client requirements, this option stopped working. We set them back to the first condition and restarted the application but... no result. The email is validated, but the account - not!
4 years ago
Just to add another strange fact.
In the database, table Customer, between our registration attempts, there are from two to four additional records. These additional records have CustomerGuid filled in, all other fields are NULL, but... in column Active they have value 1.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.