nopCommerce 4.20 is released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Dear nopCommerce community!

Please visit this page to download the latest version.

Find the highlighted changes in this blog post. And please share your feedback here

After downloading and testing locally, I uploaded v4.2 to my server under a subdomain.  Then, I noticed that none of the plugins were installed, so I tried to do so and the whole site crashed.  Please take a look at my attached video of the crash.  Video link:  https://shop.ulsprouts.com/LocalPlugInFailure.mp4

4 years ago
webzest wrote:

After downloading and testing locally, I uploaded v4.2 to my server under a subdomain.  Then, I noticed that none of the plugins were installed, so I tried to do so and the whole site crashed. ...

Did you also upgrade your database?  Did you upload/restore that?

When plugins get installed, the \AppData\installedPlugins.json is updated, and plugins can also create tables in the database, and can create settings in the Settings table.

Also, you cannot use plugins written for 4.10 in 4.20.  They must be updated/recompiled.
4 years ago
We need the USPS plugin updated to 4.2 to be able to move?  Any ideas when?
4 years ago
New York wrote:

After downloading and testing locally, I uploaded v4.2 to my server under a subdomain.  Then, I noticed that none of the plugins were installed, so I tried to do so and the whole site crashed. ...

Did you also upgrade your database?  Did you upload/restore that?

When plugins get installed, the \AppData\installedPlugins.json is updated, and plugins can also create tables in the database, and can create settings in the Settings table.

Also, you cannot use plugins written for 4.10 in 4.20.  They must be updated/recompiled.

I am able to use the Source code and get the new version working on my localhost development area; however, once I publish it, the trouble starts.

Is there a way to use my current data from 4.1 into the new version 4.2 from a clean install?
4 years ago
webzest wrote:
Is there a way to use my current data from 4.1 into the new version 4.2 from a clean install?

Instructions for upgrading are here:
http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Upgrading+nopCommerce

You have the execute the SQL upgrade scripts against your existing database to upgrade the DB.  Scripts available here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx

As noted, be sure to back up the database beforehand so you can restore if something goes awry.

I use MS SQL Server Management Studio to run the scripts.
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Dear nopCommerce community!

Please visit this page to download the latest version.

Find the highlighted changes in this blog post. And please share your feedback here

Hi,

On the mapping part, when selecting a category as one adds a new product, it still takes super long period of time for a category to appear. Please work on that.
4 years ago
I am seeing the following error message in the log.  Please help.

Error 404. The requested page (/lib/fineuploader/) was not found.  I can also see this error in the browser debugger.
4 years ago
[quote=a.m.]Dear nopCommerce community!

I want to install nocommerce in linux. Please share a blog or a doc how to setup in linux machines and requirement. thank you.

I tried with docker

$ docker run --name nopcommerce -d aiyiyi79/nopcommerce4.2 -p 8001:8001

it dint work for me.

Is docker is suitable hosting for production instance ?
4 years ago
Does this support development on MacOS?
4 years ago
To the last few posters on this "420-is-released" topic (in the  News/Announcement  forum)...
Please create your own new topics (in General Support, or one of the other forums).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.