Are Direct Link to Style Product (Product Attributes) Possible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I was wondering if there is a way to link directly to a product with attributes such as size and color, with a given size and color selected. Sometimes we want to promote a specific size/color and want to be able to link directly to it.

Version: NopCommerce 4.0
4 years ago
Hello,

You can set the default attributes by changing "is pre-selected" item on the product attributes page.
So, when customers will choose this product, they can add to the shopping cart product with default attributes.
4 years ago
Also, you can use Grouped products. It is a convenient tool to sell a product that has different attribute sets. Look here to know how to create a Grouped product.
4 years ago
Thank you for the quick response. Setting the default attributes by changing "is pre-selected" item on the product attributes page will help in the case where we are only promoting one set of attributes such as all "large/black" shirts. This is something we didn't know about. But if we were promoting all "large/black" and "small/blue" shirts then this wouldn't quite get us there.

What we are looking for is a way to create a link directly to the product with the appropriate attributes pre-selected.

If you add a style to your cart or the wish list, the cart and wish list provide you with "Edit" links that append "?updatecartitemid=XXX" to the product detail page. But, that is specific to the customer's cart. We were hoping that the link provided on the wish list might provide some insight but when you share your wish list the link to the product just displays the main product, and not the one that was added to the wish list.

We also use group products but not for products that have attributes that interrelate.

Thanks again for your help.
4 years ago
Did you find any more information on creating a link directly to a product page with specific attributes pre-selected? If this is not something available out-of-the-box, are you aware of any plugin that has been developed that would allow this?

I am in the process of moving our store catalog to the nopCommerce platform (4.20), but one thing that is missing from this new store that we had at our old store is the interactive product design interface that I had developed.

I would like to implement a revised version of the design interface so that when a user is happy with their design, they can click on a link that will take them directly to the product page with all attributes already selected based on their design. Once on the product page, all they would have to do is adjust quantity and hit "add to cart".

Creating separate product pages for every attribute combination is not feasible, since available product design attributes would generate millions of possible combinations per product!

I was hoping there would a simple call that could be integrated into the product page URL that would select the attribute (for example, after the main product page URL include a query such as "?attribute1=x?attribute2=y" and so on).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.