How to access current website source code?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi everyone, may I know how to access the current source code so that I can upgrade the the website version?

I'm not from IT Team and my company doesn't have IT Team. Hopefully can get a reply asap. Thank you
4 years ago
What is the current version ?
You can find the current version of the system from the Admin -> System -> System Information.

Upgrade depends on if the website has been customised ? Or does the website use any plugins ?
If not then then just get the new version of nopCommerce and upgrade the database.

If the website has been customised. The website is probably running on a server then most likely that is just the binary files and does not include the source code. The original source code is usually kept on a separate development computer. That could be in house or maybe an external developer set it up and they have the source code.
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
What is the current version ?
You can find the current version of the system from the Admin -> System -> System Information.

Upgrade depends on if the website has been customised ? Or does the website use any plugins ?
If not then then just get the new version of nopCommerce and upgrade the database.

If the website has been customised. The website is probably running on a server then most likely that is just the binary files and does not include the source code. The original source code is usually kept on a separate development computer. That could be in house or maybe an external developer set it up and they have the source code.

In addition to Yidna's answer, I believe NopCommerce upgrades need to be completed in sequence version by version.

So if you running version 3.9, you would need to upgrade to version 4.00, then 4.10, them 4.20
4 years ago
karenteen wrote:
Hi everyone, may I know how to access the current source code so that I can upgrade the the website version?

I'm not from IT Team and my company doesn't have IT Team. Hopefully can get a reply asap. Thank you

If your website is not custimze then download no source of latest version(4.2 no source code) and upgrade your database in sequence. e.g. if you have 3.8version them upgrade to 3.9 then 4.0 then 4.1 then last 4.2
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.