NOPCOMMERCE 4.0 SITE EXCESSIVE DOWN-TIME

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi All

We have an instance of NopCommerce 4.0 hosted on a dedicated server (the website and database are hosted on their own).

Both servers are well spec'd, however there seems to be a bottleneck which is followed by the site becoming unreachable until an IISRESET is run manually. Sometimes, the site will recover itself without the manual intervention.

We have scoured the forum and Google for resolutions and are now faced with having to start over.

The site goes down between 4 and 9 times per day, which occurs mainly during load, which at the moment is about 15 users (based on Google Analytics).

The logs (NopCommerce, aspNetCore, IIS and Windows event viewer) are not provided any information as to why this is happening.

This does not seem to happen on the test environment, however, the test site does not get any stress from work loads.

If anyone has any pointers, it would be extremely appreciated.

J
4 years ago
Hello,

Yes 4.0 have problem.

Let me share you one link which will be helpful to come out with this issue.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/49851/serious-iis-application-pool-recycling-bugdesign-flaw.aspx?p=3#199596
4 years ago
I think you should upgrade to nopcommerce 4.2. Currently nopcommerce 4.2 is very good, fix many bugs and faster.

Also try viewing the Logs folder in the root directory to see if the website hangs up. The error will be recorded in the Logs / directory.

To turn on logging logs, open the web.config file and correct the following value: stdoutLogEnabled="true"

<aspNetCore requestTimeout="23:00:00" processPath="%LAUNCHER_PATH%" arguments="%LAUNCHER_ARGS%" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" stdoutLogEnabled="true" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" startupTimeLimit="3600" />
4 years ago
sk5202 wrote:
Hello,

Yes 4.0 have problem.

Let me share you one link which will be helpful to come out with this issue.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/49851/serious-iis-application-pool-recycling-bugdesign-flaw.aspx?p=3#199596

Hey Smiten

Thank you for the response. I actually came across that post a few weeks ago trying to find information on an unrelated issue. I have tried implementing the changes to the plugin manager, as well as some amendments to the AppPool recycling. The live environment doesn't have any information on the cause of the site crashing (IIS logs, Nop logs, .NetCore logs and Windows Event viewer). At this point, the only resolution seems to be upgrading to 4.2.

I think because 4.0 is built on .Net Core but targets .Net Framework, there could be more underlying issues caused by Windows, .Net and IIS versions. I have noticed some Kestrel errors, however, the site is not hosted using Kestrel (because it's not .Net Core only).
4 years ago
Hello,

Did you checked if you App pool is running on 64 bit? I had similar problem on 4.00 and 4.10 nopCommerce with two of our customers whom site was deployed on a well resourced VPS.

After some research, I figured out that we don't need shadow copy mode on VPS. It is used only in case of Azure.

Also, we switched their site App pool to 64 bit which totally solved problem.

To shut off shadow copy mode, you need to make changes in appsettings file and then delete all .deps file from all plugin folders. Restart application and your problem will vanish away.

Don't forget to delete the Plugins/bin shadow directory after deploying the changes.

Hope this will help you :)

Best regard's,
Atul Rungta
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.