Securing Email

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi All,

I've recently upgraded to 4.20 and found that I received some emails last night from the shop email account (which is not shown anywhere on the website.  It appears that a registration was done, however not confirmed, so user is not active, but within seconds of registering has been able to send 3 spam emails which appear in the email queue.

How does this happen and is there something I can do to prevent it happening again?

Regards,
Paul
4 years ago
Would you be more specific as to the type of "spam" you received?   (From / To / Subject)

If you have these templates set up:
Customer.WelcomeMessage
Customer.EmailValidationMessage
and the customer registers with a bogus email, the other email server could reject as 'undeliverable'.

Also, without regards to registration, a spammer could use Contact Us page to send you spam.
4 years ago
Also check the Email a friend feature. I've seen someone use that to send spam. Enabling the captcha to use that stopped it
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.