Installing and publising Plugins from DEV to STAGING (same Database)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,
I configured my development environment and installed the plugins I needed and among them "Nop.Plugin.Pickup.PickupInStore".

Later I published the site in a Staging environment (which uses the same Database).
In admin the Plugins figured as NOT installed and I proceeded to reinstall them one by one with a subsequent restart of the application.

When I installed "Nop.Plugin.Pickup.PickupInStore" this error appeared on restart:

An error occurred while starting the application.
.NET Core 4.6.28008.02 X64 v4.0.0.0    |   Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 2.2.0-rtm-35687    |    Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763  

Thanks to this article: https://www.nop-templates.com/troubleshooting-guide I could understand that a dbo.StorePickupPoint table creation command was executed without a check that the table already existed with a consequent error.

Actually I understood after the plugins were all already installed and I solved simply by bringing the plugin.js file into STAGING as well

I hope this helps others

ciao,
Marco
4 years ago
It's \App_Data\plugins.json (not .js), and yes, if the database is copied (same) from dev to prod, then it is required that you copy that file into the production environment, and also copy the plugin subfolders, and then after you restart system, you will see that the plugins will show as "installed".
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.