WebP images (Google Page Speed)

4 years ago
Add support WebP picture in your nop store.

Do you see this message in Google Page Speed 'Serve images in next-gen formats'?
Try this plugin and you will use the benefits of using new WebP pictures.
Important!
Plugin shows picture in old format for old browsers and shows Webp picture for new modern browsers.
WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster.

How to install and configure the plug-in.
http://www.foxnetsoft.com/documentation-webpimages

Link to our site http://www.foxnetsoft.com/webpimages

4 years ago
Great feature. But hope nopCommerce will support by default this format for image.
4 years ago
I know. I asked nop team to add it from the box.
4 years ago
foxnetsoft wrote:
I know. I asked nop team to add it from the box.

Yup because its useful for all users of nop
4 years ago
foxnetsoft wrote:
Add support WebP picture in your nop store.

WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster.

1 of the useful plugin for speed improvement.

nice work

+1
4 years ago
Added support nop 4.10 and 4.00.
3 years ago
Added support nop 4.30
3 years ago
I will be upgrading from 3.60 to 4.30 soon.  I see the Foxsoft WebP plugin and understand it will display WebP when possible.  Will nop 4.30 allow upload of WebP files?  I tried in current 3.60 and it failed.  Thanks.
3 years ago
No, you need to upload the jpg and png files. This plugin checks the browser and if browser supports Webp than plugin returns web picture.
Important!
You will see the old jpeg/png picture URL but if you check the response from the server you will see webp type of image.
2 years ago
Great, nopCommerce added support of webp format out of the box in version 4.40