bulk message requeue via database table/query?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello-

We had a mail server outage all weekend, and I have 500+ emails that need to be requeued. This will take all night or longer if I have to do each one manually.

I know there isn't a method within the Message Queue page in the admin area, but I'm wondering if it's possible to just open the QueuedEmail table and change a value so that the messages are requeued..or even just run an update query.
I have the table open now, and filtered the results to only show messages on the days our mail server had problems, but I don't understand which column or what value to supply for nopCommerce to requeue the messages.

SELECT        Id, PriorityId, [From], FromName, [To], ToName, CC, Bcc, Subject, Body, CreatedOnUtc, SentTries, SentOnUtc, EmailAccountId, AttachmentFilePath, AttachmentFileName, ReplyTo, ReplyToName,
                         AttachedDownloadId, DontSendBeforeDateUtc
FROM            QueuedEmail
WHERE        (CreatedOnUtc BETWEEN '2019-10-19 12:00:00.477' AND '2019-10-21 11:00:00.477')

How to bulk requeue from database??

Is it as easy as just deleting the SentOnUtc value from those records???
(if empty, nopcommerce will try to resend automatically??)

Something like this:
UPDATE QueuedEmail SET [SentOnUtc] = NULL where (CreatedOnUtc BETWEEN '2019-10-19 12:00:00.477' AND '2019-10-21 11:00:00.477')

I just realized that a simpler way to ask that would have been something like this:

What exactly happens when the requeue button is clicked?

Thanks!
4 years ago
also set
   SentTries = 0

I believe that's how it does retries.
4 years ago
New York wrote:
also set
   SentTries = 0

I believe that's how it does retries.

That was the trick!
You're the man.

Thanks, as always!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.