NopCommerce version usage stats

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi all,

As a developer you have to make choices of what versions of NopCommerce you want to support for plugins.

It would be nice to have some stats on what versions of NopCommerce are being used on current live sites so that you can make a choice of what versions are worth supporting when it comes to plugins.

Is there such a list?, if so where can I find it?

Regards,
Geoff.
4 years ago
Officially the is no such DOC.But From Nopcommerce4.0 version you can define multiple Nopcommerce versions for a plugin like "SupportedVersions": [ "4.00","4.10","4.20" ]. But from the public, it is tough to say which exact Nopcommerce version is using for a specific site. In the admin site very right bottom there is a version number.
4 years ago
sina.islam wrote:
Officially the is no such DOC.But From Nopcommerce4.0 version you can define multiple Nopcommerce versions for a plugin like "SupportedVersions": [ "4.00","4.10","4.20" ]. But from the public, it is tough to say which exact Nopcommerce version is using for a specific site. In the admin site very right bottom there is a version number.

Hi Sina,

Thanks for the reply.

I know about the "SupportedVersions" and the version number at the bottom of the admin pages but this is not my question....

I would like to know if there are some stats somewhere where I can see which versions are being used for NopCommerce. (nothing to do with the plugins that I create)

I reckon that because of the 'Powered by Nopcommerce' link on the footer of sites there must be stats about this.

From this information then a developer can make a decision what would be the minimum version to develop a plugin.

Regards,
Geoff
4 years ago
For what it's worth, I'd start with the latest version.  Then, if someone finds your plugin but needs it for a prior version, they would ask you for it and then you can decide.
4 years ago
gbarlow wrote:
Hi all,

As a developer you have to make choices of what versions of NopCommerce you want to support for plugins.

It would be nice to have some stats on what versions of NopCommerce are being used on current live sites so that you can make a choice of what versions are worth supporting when it comes to plugins.

Is there such a list?, if so where can I find it?

Regards,
Geoff.

Completely agree with you Geoff. nopCommerce should share this stats so that we as a Plugin developer has an idea on that! +1

Krunal

nopAccelerate Team
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.