How Nop-Commerce Works

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi guys

I hope everyone is well!

I would like to better understand how Nop-Commerce works.

Nop-Commerce is a platform free which allows me to build the website through them, right? It means that I developed my website on their platform, right?

There are some changes that I don't have access to the files to make those changes. For example, Robots.txt and also Sitemap. Who has access? Who I host the website?

How can I access those files? and also how can I add h1 on my pages?

Please, if someone could clarify how it works I would be really glad.

Thanks!

Regards,
4 years ago
otaviodias wrote:
Nop-Commerce is a platform free which allows me to build the website through them, right? It means that I developed my website on their platform, right?

You can use nopCommerce without any changing in code.

otaviodias wrote:
There are some changes that I don't have access to the files to make those changes. For example, Robots.txt and also Sitemap. Who has access? Who I host the website?
How can I access those files?

You can change directly on ~/robots.custom.txt file, when it exists. If not, then customize in ICommonModelFactory.PrepareRobotsTextFile

otaviodias wrote:
and also how can I add h1 on my pages?

On which page you to add that? If you are new nopCommerce, at first please have a look on this documentation.
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/developer/design/new-theme.html
4 years ago
otaviodias wrote:
Hi guys

I hope everyone is well!

I would like to better understand how Nop-Commerce works.

How can I access those files? and also how can I add h1 on my pages?

Please, if someone could clarify how it works I would be really glad.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hi,

Yes! nopCommerce is opensource platform available for free as a software, as it is for anyone to use it or modify it as it fits you according to your requirements. All you need is hosting somewhere. You can check hosting partners here. We have very good experience hosting with SmarterASP. We host many sites with them already.

Also, it's an e-commerce platform using which you can create e-commerce site out of the box and also do lot more. The beautiful thing is its free and open source, so you can modify it as you like. We have worked on a lot more complex things build on top of the nopCommerce.

You can go through nopCommerce documentation at https://docs.nopcommerce.com/  to understand how to use it as well as how to customize it. You will need some technical skills to customize it.  However, nopCommerce is very flexible and there are many things you can do from admin panel it self. Check the nopCommerce videos at youtube to learn more about it.

I hope I answered your questions.

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.