shipping status - pickup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

I have local pickup configured. When someone completes an order and the order is ready for pickup i need to change the order status and the customer should receive a email. How would i go a bout this? As for now I can't do anything with the order but manual change the status. So no mail. Anyone?

Thanks!
4 years ago
Add ReadyForPickup field to OrderStatus enum. Then on change order status, insert message in queue, when updated status is ReadyForPickup.
4 years ago
Or, if you are not a developer / don't want to customize the code, then you need to use some built-in flow...

You could set up a Shipment, and then modify the message template:

ShipmentSent.CustomerNotification

Message templates now have ability for 'conditions' (%if  ...  %endif), so you may be able to tailor the email based on actual shipment (assuming you even do that now) vs. pickup;  but off-hand, I don't know what property to look for (assuming it's even available in the template).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.