Important changes on our marketplace

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
nop365.com wrote:
... I think it's also a good idea from a customer standpoint to help build more trust and confidence within the marketplace....

It is a false trust.   As mentioned before (a few times ;)  
..., there is no "... guarantee that customer won’t get virus/malware etc. Because vendors can upload anything they want on their websites. ..."
4 years ago
New York wrote:
guarantee that customer won’t get virus/malware etc. Because vendors can upload anything they want on their websites. ..."

Sure. Nobody can guarantee it with compiled code. But as I've explained here it's not just about malware
4 years ago
UPDATE. We've just added the author terms page like other platforms have. And each vendor should agrees to them at the extension upload page.
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE. We've just added the author terms page like other platforms have. And each vendor should agrees to them at the extension upload page.

"So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. "

Can you explain that sentence? To be honest, I'm lost now. At the beginning the main reason of source code sharing, was to provide highest quality, safe and legal plugins. Now, we can see information that you won't take responsibility for that points. So what's the real reason of reviewing source code? If you can't take responsibility for it, you suggest that marketplace will still has better and worse plugins.

+1 for the idea with resolution center when there will be a suspicion of copying. For me it's much better way.
4 years ago
nop4you wrote:
Can you explain that sentence? To be honest, I'm lost now. At the beginning the main reason of source code sharing, was to provide highest quality, safe and legal plugins. Now, we can see information that you won't take responsibility for that points. So what's the real reason of reviewing source code? If you can't take responsibility for it, you suggest that marketplace will still has better and worse plugins.

It's quite obvious. The marketplace quality will become much better with these new requirements. There won't be copied (stolen) extensions anymore. It's the main reasons why it all started!

But it doesn't mean that nopCommerce team should take responsibility for third-party vendors. And we never told that we're going to become responsible for third-party companies. Actuall the terms of other marketplaces (e.g. themeforest) states absolutely the same.
4 years ago
I had intention to stop making any posts here, but your in-consequence is bigger each your post now.

a.m. wrote:
The marketplace quality will become much better

nopCommerce wrote:
So we cannot take responsibility for the quality,safety or legality of the items.

Will you decide what is the key of those changes? Again,
a.m. wrote:
Actuall the terms of other marketplaces (e.g. themeforest) states absolutely the same.

So this same with hosting solution on external marketplace? Giving here posts about how other do, but do not offer to sell solutions via your marketplace. Why you want be like others? And if you want to be as others, keep going and do it in 100%, but not 50% as now! Even then, I gave you examples of marketplaces without source code uploading.

Well, your software, your rules. But without users, you will loose.
Bye!
4 years ago
Hi A.m.
I suggest you pause this marketplace change, gone through all these posts i noticed that you have changed the requirements a few times already, I suggest make current requirement as a draft and hear from vendors, and then decide what to do.
4 years ago
Thanks for suggestion, Ding!

Actually we've been told about the need to clean and improve our marketplace by many vendors and users during the last several years. And we've been thinking about it during these years. Now it's done.

Many vendors already resubmitted their plugins and started meeting all the new requirements. They also fully supported us

But few vendors don't agree about the requirement to share source code. Actually it's the only requirement that it's being discussed here. And I can ensure that this requirement is final and won't be removed. All vendors have two more weeks to meet new requirements. If some vendor doesn't want to share source code, it's absolutely OK. And we fully understand him and respect his decision. In this case he can always offer extensions on his website without submitting them to our marketplace. In this case there's no need share source code
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Actually we've been told about the need to clean  improve our marketplace by many vendors and users during the last several years. And we've been thinking about it during these years. Now it's done.

Many vendors already resubmitted their plugins to started meeting all the new requirements. They also fully supported us

But few vendors don't agree about the requirement to share source code. Actually it's the only requirement that it's being discussed here. And I can ensure that this requirement is final and won't be removed. All vendors have two more weeks to meet new requirements. If some vendor doesn't want to share source code, it's absolutely OK. And we fully understand him and respect his decision. In this case he can always offer extensions on his website without submitting them to our marketplace. In this case there's no need share source code

Totally agree :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.