nopCommerce 1.90 is coming in 14 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have my default store time zone set to Australia and currency set to only one which is Australia. The date picker dates in the admin product variant and on the orders list show incorrect date format mm/dd/yy rather than dd/mm/yy for Australia. Is there any way to change this ?
13 years ago
I sent this email to nopCommerce team but will post it here also:

Minimise Viewstate
We run many websites using ASP.NET web forms, and one of the ways we increase speed is to minimise View state. Often viewstate is not required and takes up physical bandwidth and IIS processing.

Here is the reported speed increase by Google on one such site of ours:
http://imgur.com/yYjZP.gif

Viewstate sculpting is fairly easy, we just have to address what requires viewstate and what doesn't.

For example, any component without form elements can be set to ViewState="False". Then in the the page load change the code from:

if (!Page.IsPostBack)
DataBind()

To simply:

DataBind()

This will mean that the control will rebind on postbacks, elevating the requirement for Viewstate. Bear in mind that postbacks are few and far between, most are made on the basket/checkout pages.

The result is two fold:
1) Less physical page size for each page in the website = quicker to download and less bandwidth used
2) Less processing time for encryption and decryption of viewstate.

Its a fairly easy exercise to do, so maybe one which shouldn't be over looked for the 1.9 release.
13 years ago
thought wrote:
Its a fairly easy exercise to do, so maybe one which shouldn't be over looked for the 1.9 release.

Do you have this running already? Could you show me a list of pages (from VS2010) you modified? You graph isn't obvious to mne, do you have numbers to compare?
13 years ago
Yidna wrote:
I have my default store time zone set to Australia and currency set to only one which is Australia. The date picker dates in the admin product variant and on the orders list show incorrect date format mm/dd/yy rather than dd/mm/yy for Australia. Is there any way to change this ?

I have not confirmed this but you will probably need to check that all instances of the script manager are configured correctly (as below) to be culture aware. Also maybe owrth setting globalization culture in web.config to use 'en-AU'.

<ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" EnableScriptGlobalization="true" EnableScriptLocalization="true" >
    </ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager>

Hope this works

Murray
13 years ago
edix wrote:

... maybe owrth setting globalization culture in web.config to use 'en-AU'.

Murray

Yes it was the culture - I have english language selected but when I checked the values it was the wrong culture for Australia as the default is en-US. Thanks
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
All good so far guys ( I particularly like 'product variants' on Products.aspx )

but i agree with linkXperts :

ACL on Categories
When setting restricted access on a Category, the Category is indeed invisible in the Public Shop when you are logged in as a User that is member of that Role. I am still able to search or link to the Products that are in that Category, though.
Reading the explanation in the Administration page for the Category, I suppose it should work like this. But I can't imagine why you want a function like this to work this way. IMO it is much more useful to ONLY ALLOW access to a certain Category if a User is linked to a certain Role. Imagine this: when a User is not logged in, he/she can access all Categories. But when he logs in, that certain Category is suddenly gone...!

ACL on categories seems to be implemented the wrong way round - more importanty, it makes no sense if a category is restricted but the items in it can be viewed by anyone anyway - either by searching the store or by a link from a search  engine or maybe even e-mailed by a friend, from someone else's wishlist ....

so the obvious thing to do ( in my head anyway !) is to reverse the implementation and either extend ACL to products or to automatically restrict products if they are in a restricted category

- hayden

Any updates on this? Any work around to get the category restriction to work by denying access to those roles not selected and also ensuring products in restricted categories are hidden?
13 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:

Do you have this running already? Could you show me a list of pages (from VS2010) you modified? You graph isn't obvious to mne, do you have numbers to compare?

Sorry, I've not really done this on nopCommerce - it was on other web forms sites of ours.

Its quite easy to do, simply set view state to false on controls where view state is not required.
13 years ago
Hi,

I'll admit I haven't read the entire thread but I was just checking to see if you're still on schedule for releasing this on December 7th?

Thanks so much for this great product!

Ben
13 years ago
I have a question if the USPS <1 LB First Class issue is resolved in 1.90?  I am having an issue in 1.80 because i believe nop rounds anything under 1 LB to a full LB.  Shipping these items First Class is the cheapest method but doesn't show because of this issue.  Any help guys?
13 years ago
Bugs with Search Engine

1) When anyone clicks on the "Advanced search" checkbox: By default, the drop down menu of category and manufacturers is selected as "ALL". So even if anyone click on "Search Button" without typing anything in the search keyword textbox, technically the search results should show the products as "All" in selected by default in Categories And Manufacturers. But currently it doesn't show any search results.

2) In Advanced Search - If we don't type anything in search keyword textbox and mention the price range, the search result should display all the products in that price range BUT currently it doesn't show anything and gives 0 search results.

3) In Advanced Search - If we type anything in Search keyword textbox, Now if i put my mouse cursor/pointer in the textbox of price range (i am not typing anything in the price range just placing my mouse pointer in it) - Now if i PRESS ENTER , it takes me back to search.aspx page Original State of "search page" and Advanced Search get's de-activated.

Same thing happens if i type something in search keyword textbox and check mark the checkbox "Search In Product Descriptions " and PRESS ENTER, it takes me back to search.aspx page
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.