nopCommerce 1.90 is coming in 14 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
There is a problem with using a zip + 4 postal code (e.g. 10021-0123) for USPS shipping as reported on codeplex. For domestic USPS shipments, the zip must be all numeric with a length of five. The following provides a fix that ensures the max length of the zip code and removes non-numeric values. There can still be an error if a customer enters less than five numbers for the zip.

Edit file: Shipping\Nop.Shipping.USPS\USPSComputationMethod.cs

add using directive:
using NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Utils;

in CreateRequest method, add the following after #region domestic request
zipPostalCodeFrom = CommonHelper.EnsureMaximumLength(CommonHelper.EnsureNumericOnly(zipPostalCodeFrom), 5);
zipPostalCodeTo = CommonHelper.EnsureMaximumLength(CommonHelper.EnsureNumericOnly(zipPostalCodeTo), 5);

Add the following method to Libraries\Nop.Common\Utils\CommonHelper.cs
/// <summary>
/// Ensures that a string only contains numeric values
/// </summary>
/// <param name="str">Input string</param>
/// <returns>Input string with only numeric values, empty string if input is null/empty</returns>
public static string EnsureNumericOnly(string str)
{
    if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(str))
        return string.Empty;

var result = new StringBuilder();
    foreach (char c in str)
    {
        if (Char.IsDigit(c))
            result.Append(c);
    }
    return result.ToString();

// Loop is faster than RegEx
    //return Regex.Replace(str, "\\D", "");
}

13 years ago
Cannot open backup device 'C:\HostingSpaces\specit\fmonlinestore.co.uk\wwwroot\Administration\backups\database_2010-12-04-08-48-09_4341.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

And this is not file permissions! on Local mashine you can backup your DB without problems, but on Hosted Environment you can't always the same error whatever file permissions is to... Doe's anyone thinking about this in 1.9
13 years ago
Missing stock qty management for the products having multiple attributes.

Thanks,

Kevin
13 years ago
Freight Calculations:

Adding up the dimensions of the cart items results in an overlarge package and results in abandoned carts due to quoted shipping costs. This happened over 200 times a day on my NopCommerce site until I did this...

I would class this as a major limiting bug for NopCommerce if used to sell physical products.

Solution

1) For each product (shopping cart line item):
       Multiply the quantity of that product by the Length by the Width by the Height.
       This gives the volume of that product.
2) Add volumes of all shopping cart line items to get total shopping cart volume
3) Add weights of all items in shopping cart - set billing weight
4) Find maximum individual item dimension - set as billing length
5) Find Minimum individual item dimension - set as billing width
6) Divide total shopping cart volume by billing length and by billing width - set as billing height

Notes

If any product has zero weight or a zero dimension then shipping calculation fails - should not get shipping quotes - just flag to customer that shipping costs "will be advised" or charge flat rate (to be config by Admin)

If any single dimension of the "package" is oversize then the package will either be charged additional costs, or service options will not be returned by the carrier. Need to handle scenario of no search results as "will be advised" as above.

If any combination of dimensions of the "package" exceeds the "Girth" limits of a carrier then either additional costs will be charged or service options will not be returned by the carrier as above.

By knowing the volume and maximum product dimensions, then package splitting can be calculated and the packing lists can be generated in the Admin module based on how the freight was originally calculated.

By knowing the volume and actual weight, volumetric weight freight charges can be evaluated to decide if it is better to pay for a volumetric weight shipment on a single package, or whether it is economical to split the package into multiples.

USPS calculates by Ounces, other National mail services calculate by Grams.

UPS / Fedex / DHL calculate by LBs and Kilos and fractions thereof. Minimum weights for a package are 1LB, but envelopes and flat-packs can have weights starting at 0.2LB for lower freight rates. NopCommerce currently defaults minimum weight to 1 (LB or Kilo).

First line of Shipper, Ship-From and Ship-To addresses must be correctly populated in rating service calls to ensure that the appropriate Residential versus Commercial rates are returned.

One Idea I have had is that someone could set up a central NopCommerce freight quote service for a nominal fee where a "shopping cart" can be passed rather than just weights and dimensions and shipping rates can be returned to NopCommerce utilizing every global service that there is instead of everyone trying to customize for individual needs.
13 years ago
Should be a simple check in the NOP_ProductLoadAll stored procedure that if getting just related products or products in a category, skip the search code (which is complex) and just return the mapped products. Difference between a 20 second page load and 0.2 second page load with over 1MM products in database
13 years ago
I get this error following installation:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Infrastructure' does not exist in the namespace 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Import Namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic" %>
Line 4:  <%@ Import Namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Infrastructure" %>
Line 5:  <%@ Import Namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Installation" %>
Line 6:  <%@ Import Namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Utils" %>

Source File: \Global.asax    Line: 4

I've just uploaded the content of \trunk\NopCommerceStore\ from the downloaded .zip
Have I done something wrong? :)
13 years ago
jrnunn wrote:
Should be a simple check in the NOP_ProductLoadAll stored procedure that if getting just related products or products in a category, skip the search code (which is complex) and just return the mapped products. Difference between a 20 second page load and 0.2 second page load with over 1MM products in database

Can you supply the revised SQL code please?
13 years ago
Currently if store owner sets number of shipping methods like: FedEX, UPS , USPS at the same time. The step where customer has to select from different shipping methods, it gives a very long list of shipping methods which i guess is not a very organized way and customer might find it difficult to distinguish between different shipping methods/company.

It would be great if instead of displaying a long list of shipping methods (from all companies) > customer should get a drop down menu in which he/she gets options of selecting shipping company : FedEx or UPS or USPS etc.

Now, when customer selects the shipping company > then shipping methods should be displayed for that specific shipping company only.
13 years ago
ChangeSet : Editing credit card issue fixed (Manual payment gateway)

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/60217?ProjectName=nopCommerce

I implemented this changeset on 1.9beta version.

It fixed the issue for new orders only - here's the screenshot : http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1184/cc1x.jpg

"The changeset doesn't affect the old orders"

Test Order that i made BEFORE implementing this changeset - the credit card numbers are still not visible and being displayed as ******1234 - Here's the screenshot (1): http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9867/cc2m.jpg

Now if i click on Edit Button, still credit card numbers are not visible: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/597/cc3h.jpg
13 years ago
Is the 1.90 release still scheduled for Tuesday, December 07?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.