Hi Andrei and Team,
We all had bad user experience in order confirmation logic when customers' orders are created when there is a redirect to Paypal or 3DS security before the store owner actually accepts the payment.
This is a terrible UX!
I think nopCommerce team should do something about it and offer an option to change this logic flow.
It's an issue we're also experiencing.
1. Customer places order using Paypal or Credit Card - They get redirected to complete payment
2. This creates the order in advance of the playment completing with the processor
3. They also get an ORDER PLACED email - this is confusing
4. If they don't complete, the order remains in the backend as pending
5. We then have to cancel this order and the customer gets and ORDER CANCELLATION email - Very confusing!
If the order logic needs to generate an order once the customer hits the make payment CTA then we can live with this but the emails firing before the payment is accepted could really do with being changed.
Thanks Jaber, good to know.
Was there any discussions on solutions?
I can understand the logic of the order being created in the backend (and is helpful to see if customer abandons) but the order placed email and the subsequent order cancellation email we have to send when they don't complete is a confusing customer experience.
You could enable the
rather than the
Good suggestion, thank you!
The next email challenge is tied to all the "pending" orders that are left in the backend when a customer doesn't complete payment.
As of now, if we cancel them off, the customer receives an order cancelled email - this is confusing as they never actually placed the order. We need to keep this email active as there are times when orders legitimately need to be cancelled.
Appreciate your thoughts on this!
I suppose you could disable the OrderCancelled.CustomerNotification template. (Even if just temporary while doing cleanup)
It will do the trick!