How to setup a wordpress site under nopCommerce virtual directory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I want to set up a WordPress site under the nopCommerce virtual directory.
Like I want to open WordPress sire
www.youstore.com/wordpress
4 years ago
p.d.dobariya12 wrote:
I want to set up a WordPress site under the nopCommerce virtual directory.
Like I want to open WordPress sire
www.youstore.com/wordpress

Not require any coding. You can ask hosting guys. They will help you for sure.

Thanks,
Jatin
4 years ago
I have installed nopcommerce 4.2 on my domain: domain.com
I also want to install wordpresss under nopcommerce as blog in the url: domain.com/blog

How can I do it?

I first created a blog folder in the wwwroot in nopcommerce but When I go to domain.com/blog I faced the error page not found.

also I have created virtual directory on nopcommerce root directory. But domain.com/blog faced the error: HTTP Error 502.5 - Process Failure

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks.
4 years ago
I tried and could not get it to work. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can do it.
Why can't you just use a subdomain that goes to different websites. As long as the two sites are styled in a similar way then user does not really know the difference i.e.
www.domain.com - main site
blog.domain.com - the WordPress blog
anotherfunction.domain.com - some other site (if requried)
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
I tried and could not get it to work. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can do it.
Why can't you just use a subdomain that goes to different websites. As long as the two sites are styled in a similar way then user does not really know the difference i.e.
www.domain.com - main site
blog.domain.com - the WordPress blog
anotherfunction.domain.com - some other site (if requried)

I can't create subdomain it's because for SEO. domain.com/blog is better than blog.domain.com.
Also I remember some websites have wordpress under nopcommerce and I'm be sure there is solustion to do that. I think we have to ignore wordpress directory from nopcommerce, But I don't know how?
4 years ago
It might have worked before .NetCore - I think it is .NetCore this that stops it working not nopCommece itself

Here is one article I found
"In ASP.NET, developers are able to use a virtual directory within IIS website for storing static resources in the directory outside of the application. Unfortunately, with ASP.NET Core, this solution doesn't work. A virtual directory in IIS won't be recognized and users will see a 404 error."
https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/virtual-directory-inside-of-asp-net-core-app-in-iis/

But good luck if you can find a way as there a few posts about it the moment
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.