'ShoppingCartModel.OrderReviewDataModel' does not contain a definition for 'SelectedPickUpInStore'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Just went into production on my 4.20 store after upgrading from 3.70.   Getting the following eror:

One or more compilation failures occurred:
C:\home\site\wwwroot\Views\ShoppingCart\_OrderReviewData.cshtml(113,29): error CS1061: 'ShoppingCartModel.OrderReviewDataModel' does not contain a definition for 'SelectedPickUpInStore' and no extension method 'SelectedPickUpInStore' accepting a first argument of type 'ShoppingCartModel.OrderReviewDataModel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Searching the forums tells me that I'm the only one getting this.   So that means I've got something else going on.   Any ideas?
4 years ago
Make sure SelectedPickupInStore property is available in ShoppingCartModel.OrderReviewDataModel model (Nop.Web > Models > ShoppingCart > ShoppingCartModel.cs).

4 years ago
OK - something bad is going on here....

Since I don't use "Pick Up In Store", I decided to just override the view in my Theme and took out the reference to it rather than wait on an answer.  Just so I can keep moving forward.  This did solve the problem (well...not really "solved" but made it go away)

But now I'm getting this:  
One or more compilation failures occurred:
C:\home\site\wwwroot\Views\ShoppingCart\_CheckoutAttributes.cshtml(86,31): error CS1061: 'IHtmlHelper<IList<ShoppingCartModel.CheckoutAttributeModel>>' does not contain a definition for 'DatePickerDropDowns' and no extension method 'DatePickerDropDowns' accepting a first argument of type 'IHtmlHelper<IList<ShoppingCartModel.CheckoutAttributeModel>>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Why these unresolved references in nopCommerce views I'm not even touching?   Surely, I've got something missing or configured wrong.
4 years ago
Jaber: Make sure SelectedPickupInStore property is available in ShoppingCartModel.OrderReviewDataModel model (Nop.Web > Models > ShoppingCart > ShoppingCartModel.cs).

Yes, it's there.   Gotta be something higher up as I'm getting more than just this error (see my previous reply)
4 years ago
OK - I have found the problem.  

Somehow there were a bunch of old 3.7 views still on my server.  They had the same name but were in different locations.

For example  3.7 has ./Views/ShoppingCart/_DiscountBox.cshtml
Whereas 4.2 has ./Views/Shared/_DiscountBox.cshtml

Because the locations changed, these old files were not overwritten with their newer versions.

Evidently, nopCommerce was picking up the old versions still existing in their old locations before loading the newer 4.2 version locations.  

Damn...that was a bugger to track down.    I could have sworn I deleted the entire tree structure at the start of all this but...obviously I missed something.

Life is good once again (well...maybe not "good"....but "getting better")
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.