Can nopcommerce can be run permenantly offline?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I'm a uni student creating a market for a project I'm working on. Part of the task involves creating a market that isn't cloud based, and doesn't require ANY internet access.
Essentially a standalone software package that can be run on a machine that isn't connected to a network.

Thanks in advance.
4 years ago
Yes as long as the machine has an SQL Server and IIS installed then it will work
There are plugins and routines that need to access the internet to operate but as long as you dont need to use them then the rest should run no propblem.
4 years ago
Yes. very much as long as you are having database server in the same system.
4 years ago
And can someone please confirm that it can be used as a market place, with multiple vendors?

Thank you so much.
4 years ago
Here is some documentation about Vendors
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/user-guide/configuring/settingup/customers/Vendors/index.html
4 years ago
Thank you. ') Have a great day.
4 years ago
I've read the information on Vendors that you kindly linked me to.
It says that the money from the sale of items goes to the admin of the market, and then it's manually distributed, based on what's owed etc.

Random question, but do you think it's possible to integrate another stage, during this process.

Ie: Customer sees a listing for an old sock, priced at £0.99. They click buy, and the product becomes 'sold' instantly. The system then provides them with payment information, to send the funds direct to the vendor, not through the market?

I know that sounds very arse about face, but I'm looking for a system where the merchant doesn't have access to the funds. (I'll worry about confirmation later, in regards to the customer saying they've sent the funds, and the vendor saying they've received them)

Sorry for all the questions.
4 years ago
You can use the purchase-order payment method, where you can show instructions to the customer.  Actual payment would be made later, and you would then have to manually "mark as paid" the order.  Set up the message template for  'Order Placed - Vendor ', so that the vendor is notified of the oder.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.