Accessing folders outside of nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I know this is not directly a nopCommerce problem but hoping somebody here can educate me.

Used to run v3.7 now upgraded to 4.2

In the past, I could access files in other folders outside nopCommerce.  Specifically, I have a couple apps that I publish via Visual Studio's "OneClick" method that can be installed from the web.  So in the past I could visit URL:
      http://www.mysite.com/myapp/publish.htm
and the server would display the app installation page for that app.

Now that I've upgraded to nopCommerce 4.2 it seems I can no longer do this.   When I enter that URL I just get a 404 error from nopCommerce.

I don't recall having to make any changes to nopCommerce back in 3.70 to enable this.  But it's been many years so maybe there is a setting or something I switched and just don't remember?  

Any help would be appreciated.
4 years ago
Are you looking for this?
4 years ago
If you are just serving up plain .html files, you could put them in the \files subfolder (or create subfolders there).
4 years ago
Here was my solution for future seekers:

Create a folder in the root of your web server and mark it as an application starting point.

Then create a web.config file with the following and place in that folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <system.webServer>
    <modules>
      <remove name="WebDAVModule" />
    </modules>
    <handlers>
      <remove name="WebDAV" />
    <remove name="aspNetCore" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Problem solved.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.