Themes and App_data folders end up in plugin folder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

After doing an install, my themes folder and App_data folders ended up in Plugins/Payments.Square.

Also, the list of plugins doesnt show up in admin under plugins, ive tried reloading them.

I notice nopcommerce has a lot of problems with plugins reading other posts, how are they actually loaded?

Thanks.
4 years ago
There is one problem with .netCore build not sure if this is the same issue
Edit the Nop.Web peoject file
Replace
  <ItemGroup>
    <Folder Include="Plugins\" />
  </ItemGroup>
with
  <ItemGroup>
    <!-- This setting fixes the problem caused by this update in the websdk in vs2019
    https://github.com/aspnet/websdk/commit/7e6b193ddcf1eec5c0a88a9748c626775555273e#diff-edf5a48ed0d4aa5a4289cb857bf46a04
    Therefore, we restore the standard configuration behavior (there was no copy to the output directory)
    in order to avoid the "Duplicate dll" error during publication.
    We can also use “ExcludeConfigFilesFromBuildOutput” according to https://github.com/aspnet/AspNetCore/issues/14017 -->
    <Content Update="**\*.config;**\*.json" CopyToOutputDirectory="Never" CopyToPublishDirectory="PreserveNewest" />
  </ItemGroup>

Clean the project and rebuild
4 years ago
I have faced a similar issue several times.
What I verify whenever I face this issue is:
1) ClearPluginAssemblies.dll is inside the Build directory.
2) If I have latest version of .net core's SDK version installed in my device. If 3.0 or 3.1 versions are installed then I add a global.json file in the application's root directory and specify the .net core version for NopCommerce like this. I have the 2.2.300 installed on my device so the global.json file looks like this in my setup.

{
  "sdk": {
    "version": "2.2.300"
  }
}
4 years ago
I have had the exact same problem. The App_Data, Theme and Plugin folders were not removed by the ClearPluginAssembly Task.

It seems to be an issue with the VS 2019 MSBuild.exe.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what the exact issue is. I was using VS 2019 Pro. If I build the plugin with VS 2017 it works properly.

I am using JetBrains' Rider, as well. It used the most recent version of the MSBuild.exe which was the one from VS 2019. I switched it to the 2017 version in the settings and builds properly.

Hope this help.

Cheers.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.