Creating custom plugin and uploading to Azure hosted site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi

I have created several plugins, and I have always had my own server, and hence uploaded plugins by ftp. Now I am trying out Azure hosting, and need the same plugins there, and of course need to now use the admin upload feature.

How can i make a zip file from my visual studio output that NopCommerce accepts.
I am on 4.20.

If I just zip everything in my output folder or zip the actual output folder, i get this error:

The archive should contain only one root plugin or theme directory. For example, Payments.PayPalDirect or DefaultClean. To upload multiple items, the archive should have the 'uploadedItems.json' file in the root
4 years ago
Each uploaded package should have the “uploadedItems.json”. To get an idea, download and see how they packed one of the official plugins here.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/2checkout-payment-module-2
4 years ago
Adding with @Yidna,

Another time I got this error, when I was trying to upload a compressed (with WinRAR) zip file.

//Regards,
Jaber Kibria
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
Each uploaded package should have the “uploadedItems.json”. To get an idea, download and see how they packed one of the official plugins here.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/2checkout-payment-module-2

Ahhh so this uploadeditems.json is something I should manually create?
4 years ago
Hi

Tried that now, still getting the same error.
I have a folder structure like this now:

This is the content of the json file:

[  
  {
    "Type": "Plugin",
    "SupportedVersion": "4.20",
    "DirectoryPath": "Nop.Plugin.Admin.OrderManagementList/",
    "SystemName": "Admin.OrderManagementList",
    "SourceDirectoryPath": "Nop.Plugin.Admin.OrderManagementList/"
  }
]

This is the content of the plugin folder:

Can you see what is wrong?
4 years ago
In your uploadedItems.json, this does not look right.  
The "Nop.Plugin." prefix is typically used for the source code, not the deployable.  Although I don't think it should not be the cause of your issue...

Your deployment folder does not look right.  You have \App_Data and \Properties, Themes folders, web.config file, other plugin dlls (QuickPay, GLS).  You need to check your 'copy local' settings in VS.
4 years ago
Update your uploadedItems.json file by this

[  
  {
    "Type": "Plugin",
    "SupportedVersion": "4.20",
    "SystemName": "Admin.OrderManagementList"
  }
]

Also, make sure uploadedItems.json has in root directory in your zip file.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.