The "Optimize Images" scheduled task failed 3.9 to 4.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello Friends
I upgraded from 3.9 to 4.2.
I am getting many errors for scheduled task.
Short Version:
[The "Optimize Images" scheduled task failed with the "Schedule task (panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer.Tasks.OptimizeImageTask, panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer) cannot by instantiated" error]
I checked the plugins. I dont have a panorazzi seo optimizer plugin.

Here is the long version of the error.
Short message
The "Optimize Images" scheduled task failed with the "Schedule task (panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer.Tasks.OptimizeImageTask, panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer) cannot by instantiated" error (Task type: "panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer.Tasks.OptimizeImageTask, panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer". Store name: "My Store, Inc". Task run address: "https://www.mystore.com/scheduletask/runtask").
Full Message
System.Exception: Schedule task (panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer.Tasks.OptimizeImageTask, panoRazzi.SeoOptimizer) cannot by instantiated
   at Nop.Services.Tasks.Task.ExecuteTask() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\Task.cs:line 54
   at Nop.Core.Caching.MemoryCacheManager.PerformActionWithLock(String key, TimeSpan expirationTime, Action action) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Caching\MemoryCacheManager.cs:line 107 at Nop.Services.Tasks.Task.Execute(Boolean throwException, Boolean ensureRunOncePerPeriod) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\Task.cs:line 143
4 years ago
Check your site's \Plugins folder
4 years ago
New York wrote:
Check your site's \Plugins folder

I did that already. I said it in my initial post. There is no plugin Panorazzi image optimizer plugin.
4 years ago
For store owners, I interpret , "There is no plugin... " , as "I don't see the plugin in the plugin list (in admin)".  So that's why I say to check the folder in the file system.

Did you ever have that plugin in a prior version?
4 years ago
Version 3.9
I checked the 3.9 files on my pc. I still have those files. I cant find the plugin in the plugin folder, but I checked the app_data/installedplugins.txt file and there it is. So that means at one time, I did have that plugin.

Version 4.2
I dont see a plugin in the folder of plugins in 4.2. I just downloaded the entire site yesterday.
Therefore I checked the "plugins.json file and it IS in there.

So now what? Wishfull thinking is: Delete the plugin in the installedplugins.json file and delete the task and whisle on down the road! LOL But I'm not usually so lucky!

PS: Thanks for taking care.
4 years ago
Also, please search the dll in the plugin's root directory. In some cases, dll of one plugin is included on the other plugin directory. Make sure to delete if it is inside some other plugin's directory.
4 years ago
sanju.dahal741 wrote:
Also, please search the dll in the plugin's root directory. In some cases, dll of one plugin is included on the other plugin directory. Make sure to delete if it is inside some other plugin's directory.

Ok, Thanks for the info. I will check it out when i wake up. But can you clarify that? Is there one root directory for all of the plugins? Do I need to check all plugins directory? Are there many of those directories?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.