How to customize the Top Menu to include a drop down menu to Topic Page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I'm new to NopCommerce, searched around this supporting forum for couple of hours, couldn't get a straight answer, so I'll just ask: I want to have a "hybrid" drop down menu, to the left, I want to have "Home (non-drop down)", "Products ->Category One/Category Two/etc" "Services ->Category One/Category Two", these are not big deal, I can make it within Default Theme.

However, I want to add a "About Us" to the end of the Top Menu, when hovering, it should expand to "About Us ->The Company/Contact Us/Shipping Info/etc". This seems unlikely with the current NopCommerce 4.2. I know how to add the "About Us" page to appear in the Top Menu. But what I want is a way to group several Topic page into one drop-down list.

Seems that there is no straight answer. Perhaps I need to tweak the source code? Is there a step-by-step instruction?

B.T.W. I'm using the "Package without source code" -- does that mean I need to get the "Package with source code"?

Any advice is appreciated.
4 years ago
You would certainly need to customise the source version
Or maybe there is a plugin - I see a few menu plugins
https://www.nopcommerce.com/extensions?searchterm=menu
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
You would certainly need to customise the source version
Or maybe there is a plugin - I see a few menu plugins
https://www.nopcommerce.com/extensions?searchterm=menu

Thanks for the reply. I decided to give this a try: https://www.nopcommerce.com/responsive-customizable-menu-nop4youcom  -- Followed the link to Nop4you.com, added it to cart, checked out... So? It didn't tell me what to do next...  Tried to browse the documentation, unfortunately it only talks about its features.

So just in the general sense, for extension like this, I suppose I need to download the source code and place it somewhere, right?
4 years ago
This is not a source code plugin - only executable
The directory Widgets.QuickMenu in 4.20 needs to be copied to you plugins directory
Something like C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce42\Plugins
Then in Admin > Configuration > Local Plugins click the Reload List of Plugins
Then find the plugin in the list and click Install
Then click Restart Application to apply changes
Then find the plugin in the list and configure
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
This is not a source code plugin - only executable
The directory Widgets.QuickMenu in 4.20 needs to be copied to you plugins directory
Something like C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce42\Plugins
Then in Admin > Configuration > Local Plugins click the Reload List of Plugins
Then find the plugin in the list and Install it

Really appreciate the explanation. Now I see how this thing works.

Just wondering why they didn't give us a link to download this executable/zip file. I did check out and get an order number... just still no clue where to download... weird.
4 years ago
Have a look at the order details in your account
There will be a download link
4 years ago
Also I just saw another step on the purchase page
Please open your theme directory/Views/Shared/_Root.cshtml file and do modification like below
Edit from
@await Component.InvokeAsync("TopMenu")
To
@await Component.InvokeAsync("QuickTopMenu")
Then restart the application
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
Also I just saw another step on the purchase page
Please open your theme directory/Views/Shared/_Root.cshtml file and do modification like below
Edit from
@await Component.InvokeAsync("TopMenu")
To
@await Component.InvokeAsync("QuickTopMenu")
Then restart the application

Thanks a lot for the help! Really appreciated it! QuickMenu is working now. However it's not as flexible as it claims. Cannot create a drop-down for topic pages.

Guess I need to figure out how to mess up with the coding. Any advice on where to find some documentation?

Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.