Configure UPS with two separate Access Keys

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I am configuring 4.20
I have a .ca store which ships within Canada and a .com store that ships within USA. I am B2B so cannot ship cross border. From UPS perspective these are domestic shipments and required that I set up two accounts. If I want to ship within Canada I use one account, and if I want to ship within the US I use the other account.
The UPS plugin only allows one configuration.
BTW I am also setting up Shipping Director to manage the complexity of the shipping options.
How can I set the plugin up so that the freight rate is queried based on the country and the account?
Thanks,
Rob
4 years ago
Multiple origin addresses can be configured in the core Shipping Settings page by using the "Multi-store configuration for" drop-down.
However, multiple UPS accounts would require customization of the UPS plugin.
4 years ago
Is it possible to install more than one occurrence of the UPS plugin? and change the Friendly name to identify each account?
4 years ago
Conducted Sales wrote:
Is it possible to install more than one occurrence of the UPS plugin? and change the Friendly name to identify each account?

Installing exact same plugin multiple times is not possible.
You can duplicate the plugin with different names and properties and can use it though. (You may need to change the class library name, namespaces of the classes and values inside plugin.json(systemname, friendlyname and filename ))
4 years ago
I would attack this by going through the UPS plugin source code and duplicating the AccountNumber, AccessKey, and Username/Password properties as necessary, everywhere they occur.  Then you can handle which to use based on StoreId (also handling the origin address as New York suggests), probably in the "GetRatesAsync" method of UPSService.cs
4 years ago
af1racing wrote:
.... duplicating the AccountNumber, AccessKey, and Username/Password properties as necessary, everywhere they occur.  Then you can handle which to use based on StoreId ...

There is a 'standard' way of handling "Multi-store configuration".  See the SendInBlue plugin as an example.
3 years ago
Did you ending up coming up with a solution? Because I am needing the same thing - different ups accounts for different stores in multi-store configuration
3 years ago
I worked with Shipping Director and we got it to work through the programmer that supports/hosts version 4.2 for me.
I did set up two separate UPS accounts. In US the service is "Ground" . In Canada it is "Standard"
If I recall Shipping Director did suggest a modification in the plug in to allow for two separate UPS accounts.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.