Image Upload in 4.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I have a new issue that I hope readers can assist with.
Now that I have the cart working with images I note that the Product SEO Friendly Name are muddled.
e.g. friendly name /celtic-pouch returns product "Checkered Stripe Tee"
Looks like its in UrlRecord where the EntityId is the ProductId

Before I go editing records I hope someone can confirm I'm in the right place.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Looks like its in UrlRecord where the EntityId is the ProductId

Yes, friendly name is in UrlRecord table, where EntityId is ProductId and EntityName is equal 'Product'.
4 years ago
I discovered that in the Public facing site if I clicked on a category from the dropdown menu nothing happens but if I drill down through sub categories those work. I noted in UrlRecord that the Category Casual-Wear had entityId 1 whereas it is actually 35, in fact many of the categories appear to bear the wrong EntityId. Not sure how this has come about but again before I go meddling I just wanted to double check that I'm about to edit the right thing. Can someone please confirm that EntityId with EntityName Category should relate to Category.Id?
4 years ago
yes, exactly, and to confirm 100%

SELECT TOP 1 *
FROM Category cat
INNER JOIN UrlRecord rec
ON cat.Id = rec.EntityId
AND rec.EntityName = 'Category'
4 years ago
Sorted, with all my messing about it was easier to simply delete all categories in UrlRecord and replace. It would seem when my Original Categories were deleted that it did not cascade to related records.  Now sorted and many thanks for the help af1Racing. BTW from your avatar it would seem we are fellow motorcycle enthusiasts.
4 years ago
Glad you got it sorted.  And yes, that's me a long time ago when I was young and fearless.  Pity about Norton, we love their bikes.
4 years ago
The nopCommerce project I'm working on is for a Harley-Davidson dealer and when I'm not at the PC I run motorcycle tours McTours European Motorcycle Tours though none at present and most this year are now cancelled. Still hoping to run the Italy, Albania, Macedonia, Greece tour late August into September. Hopefully, the virus threat will be much reduced by then.
4 years ago
Did anyone here run into the same problem I did regarding NopCommerce 4.2 not automatically generating all the different sized images, naming accordingly ("_125.jpeg" etc) and putting in the thumbs folder?   It only works in Visual Studio 2019 (IIS Express), but auto-generation does not work on Windows Server 2012R2 (IIS 8.5).  
Normally, if you create images in the images folder with the proper naming convention ("001245_0.jpeg") & map the image in the appropriate tables, all the thumbnails will automatically be generated.  But this does not work in IIS!  Driving me bonkers! (it worked just fine in NC4.0 and 4.1)
2 years ago
motoTed wrote:
I'm now looking at writing a script to loop through the picture data and rename each image because I think that will be the fastest way.

I did exactly that in Python to get my images from my old store into nop.  Happy to help if you get stuck.

Hi,

I'm trying to attempt much the same thing and would be interested in the Python script you developed. I'm working with a motorcycle owners club who have a ecommerce site based on Drupal which we're migrating to nopCommerce. As they have nearly 3,000 product no-one is keen on manually re-upload images.

Thanks

David
2 years ago
An alternate way is to try the product Import.  (You should limit the number of records per run, and note that if the product exists, it must have a SKU for import to match / update it.)

Export a product with a Picture.  In the xlsx file, note the path or the Picture1 field.  That's where you need to put your images, because it has to be accessible from the app (i.e. on the drive on the server).  Use FTP to upload all your images to the path (or subfolder may be better), and then generate an import xlsx file.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.