Find bugs in nopCommerce 4.30 BETA and earn $10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
koenigs wrote:
Hello guys,

This is the first time ever I'm trying copCommerce so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I get an error when installing nopCommerce.
I specify the MySQL connection string
Server=localhost;Database=nop_commerce;Uid=nop_user;Pwd=nop_password;

But I get the following error
"Setup failed: Fatal error encountered during command execution."
How to get past this issue? The connection string is correct because I can see in MySQL Workbench all the nopCommerce tables are created in the schema...

I was running nopCommerce from Visual Studio but I can see no error message in the console when doing that...

mysql  Ver 8.0.19 for Win64 on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

Thanks a lot

Do you have an interface to mysql? with MS SQL you can get the connection string from the "properties", do you see anything like that? Also, i'm not sure if its "localhost" for example, my MSSQL is CODY\SQLEXPRESS
4 years ago
dootchie wrote:
Hello guys,

This is the first time ever I'm trying copCommerce so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I get an error when installing nopCommerce.
I specify the MySQL connection string
Server=localhost;Database=nop_commerce;Uid=nop_user;Pwd=nop_password;

But I get the following error
"Setup failed: Fatal error encountered during command execution."
How to get past this issue? The connection string is correct because I can see in MySQL Workbench all the nopCommerce tables are created in the schema...

I was running nopCommerce from Visual Studio but I can see no error message in the console when doing that...

mysql  Ver 8.0.19 for Win64 on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

Thanks a lot

Do you have an interface to mysql? with MS SQL you can get the connection string from the "properties", do you see anything like that? Also, i'm not sure if its "localhost" for example, my MSSQL is CODY\SQLEXPRESS

Yes I use MySQL Workbench (equivalent of SSMS). When I use the root user I can see some Stored Procedure also created so it might be a hint the nop_user user doesn't have the GRANT to perform such action.
But still, I can't figure out why it's not working with the root user.
I tried to delete the DB completely and used the textboxes style interface instead of the connection string one to let copCommerce automatically create the DB.
But when I do that the installation page just refresh without any error message (even though I can see in Workbench the DB was successfully created with tables, stored procedures and function)

EDIT: The connection string is correct for sure otherwise nopCommerce setup wouldn't be able the create the DB with all the tables and stuff
4 years ago
Hi,
i have issues for picture uploads at my localhost.
"File Upload" not shown.
Please check this screenshot.
https://prnt.sc/rsahqc
https://prnt.sc/rsai6r

Best Regards
4 years ago
GoRoos wrote:
Bug: cannot install Nop.Plugin.Shipping.FixedByWeightByTotal after uninstall
Reproduce:
1. delete table from sqlserver database,
2. delete entry in App_Data/plugins.json (Shipping.FixedByWeightByTotal)

"delete..." is not the typical way to "uninstall" a plugin.  You should try again with a fresh install of nopCommerce, and then use the "Uninstall" button in the admin plugin list, and then install again to see if you get the same results.
4 years ago
Hi

I am trying to install the nopCommerce_4.30_beta_Source on my computer

What version of MySQL is required? I have MySQL 5.7 installed

The Install program for creating the database is showing the following error

Setup failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'recursive CategoryTree AS ( SELECT id, cast(concat(LPAD(DisplayOrder, @lengt' at line 1

Regards
4 years ago
I ran the upgrade script on an existing 4.2 database running on SQL Server Standard edition version 12.0.4237.0.   No errors.

I pointed the 4.3 source to this database and I getting the following run time error:
System.InvalidOperationException: 'Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.'

Class: CategoryService
Method: GetAppliedCategoryIds
Line no: 387
ids.AddRange(ids.SelectMany(categoryId => GetChildCategoryIds(categoryId, _storeContext.CurrentStore.Id)));

This error only happens with categories that have multiple sub-categories applied to the discount.  The example I'm working with has 25 category mappings.  I noticed that if I flipped the bit "AppliedToSubCategories" on the Discount table to false for this discount, it does not error out.  

This error occurs with all of the discounts in the database that have multiple subcategories mapped.  

Thanks,
Doug
4 years ago
Hi,

Importing excel does not seem to work.   The steps I list below is for importing Product, but the error seems to be consistent with other items within the Catalog menu.  This is the error message I get:
Please set the ExcelPackage.LicenseContext property. See https://epplussoftware.com/developers/licenseexception

Steps to reproduce:
Go to Administration -> Catalog -> Products.  Click on "Import" button.  Select an excel file to import, then click on "Import from Excel" button.

Best,
4 years ago
Hello,
Using fr-BE as Language culture. if you change reCAPTCHA v3 score threshold to any number you get a validation error. (The field must be a number.)
4 years ago
In page not found.
if (_commonSettings.Log404Errors)
  {
        var statusCodeReExecuteFeature = HttpContext?.Features?.Get<IStatusCodeReExecuteFeature>();
}.
statusCodeReExecuteFeature  is always null. So {statusCodeReExecuteFeature?.OriginalPath} is always Empy. Short message in log table is like that: Error 404. The requested page () was not found
4 years ago
Closed #4394  MySql 5.7
New Bug occure

No response for 10 minutes install......
Re-execute in the above environment, the following error occurs.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.