Hello-

In previous versions, there was a checkbox to indicate that when the store is closed, admins can still access the admin area. In 4.0, that setting has been removed.

I understand that the permissions list contains a new record "Public store. Access a closed store"
I have Administrators set to allow this, and there are several administrator accounts in the system.

I temporarily pointed traffic for our site to another site, then today I opened the database and changed the force SSL, and set the store to "closed"..I also changed the store settings to not use SSL and changed my public store and secure URL to not have SSL. I pointed traffic back to the nop site, and it loads, showing the closed message. I click login and supply my administrator credentials and login...i am returned to the home page/closed store message, with no administration link above the header...and I am not logged in...
There are no errors displayed.
What is frustrating me is that I can also edit my settings in the database and set "Store closed" to FALSE..the site loads as expected, but I still cannot login with any credentials!!??!! The error saying "wrong login credentials" does not appear..the site believes I have logged in successfully, but it doesn't believe that I am an administrator...

I enabled stdout log files and don't see any errors, but I do see the following two messages which might be a clue:

====================================================================
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysitefolder
Now listening on: http://localhost:19817
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://www.mydomain.com/storeclosed  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker[1]
      Executing action method Nop.Web.Controllers.CommonController.StoreClosed (Nop.Web) with arguments ((null)) - ModelState is Valid
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures.Internal.ViewResultExecutor[1]
      Executing ViewResult, running view at path /Views/Common/StoreClosed.cshtml.
warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.DistributedSession[2]
      Accessing expired session, Key:c789734b-e2af-a966-2e7f-38435a85ae38
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker[2]
      Executed action Nop.Web.Controllers.CommonController.StoreClosed (Nop.Web) in 10160.2673ms

======================================================================
Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://www.mydomain.com/login  
      Executing action method Nop.Web.Controllers.CustomerController.Login (Nop.Web) with arguments () - ModelState is Valid
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures.Internal.ViewResultExecutor[1]
      Executing ViewResult, running view at path /Views/Customer/Login.cshtml.
warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.DistributedSession[2]
      Accessing expired session, Key:c789734b-e2af-a966-2e7f-38435a85ae38
      Executed action Nop.Web.Controllers.CustomerController.Login (Nop.Web) in 362.829ms
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 460.4664ms 200 text/html; charset=utf-8
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 POST http://www.mydomain.com/login application/x-www-form-urlencoded 244
      Executing action method Nop.Web.Controllers.CustomerController.Login (Nop.Web) with arguments (Nop.Web.Models.Customer.LoginModel, , False) - ModelState is Valid
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.Cookies.CookieAuthenticationHandler[10]
      AuthenticationScheme: Authentication signed in.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.RedirectToRouteResult[1]
      Executing RedirectToRouteResult, redirecting to / from route HomePage.
      Executed action Nop.Web.Controllers.CustomerController.Login (Nop.Web) in 642.8948ms
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 691.2613ms 302