"403 - Forbidden: Access is denied" Randomly comes up when editing site???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Would love any help for the following please:

What seems like purely random timing when editing the site the 403 page appears - "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied" then I have to delete all site cookies then re login and it goes back to normal.

Sometimes I can be editing for 5 mins and it will happen other times it might not happen all day.

Really don't want this to happen to customers when there using the site as most will then just think it's a broken site.

regards

D
4 years ago
When you say editing - Do you mean using the Admin to change products / categories, etc
4 years ago
Yes
3 years ago
I am also facing the same issue. Mostly editing products from admin. Suddenly it starts prompting 403- Forbidden. It remained there in the current browser session.  Once it started we can't access any page on the website. Only workaround to fix is to clear the following 2 cookies.
.Nop.Customer
TempData cookie
Please help to resolve this error. Scratching my heads since last couple of days and still no success. Verified write permission on folders as per documentation. It is alright.
Not sure my customer also faced this issue or not but really looking forward for help.
SOS
3 years ago
This is the problem:
An intermittent 403 error is most frequently caused by the visitor exceeding the Dynamic IP Restrictions defined in the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

By default the Dynamic  IP Restrictions are configured as follows in IIS:
Deny IP addresses based on the number of concurrent requests
Maximum number of concurrent requests: 10
Deny IP addresses based on the number of requests over a period of time
Maximum number of requests: 100

Any time that an IP address exceeds these limits the visitor will receive a 403 error until their number of connections to the site is reduced.

Here is the solution:
To help prevent the intermittent 403 errors increase the Dynamic IP Restrictions at the server level as follows:
Login to the server via Remote Desktop and open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, Click the Server Name > IP Address and Domain Restrictions > Edit Dynamic Restriction Settings

Deny IP addresses based on the number of concurrent requests
Maximum number of concurrent requests: 100
Deny IP addresses based on the number of requests over a period of time
Maximum number of requests: 300

Please try it and let us know.

Regards
3 years ago
Try checking your internet connection
2 years ago
Would love any help for the following please:

What seems like purely random timing when editing the site the 403 page appears - "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied" then I have to delete all site cookies then re login and it goes back to normal.

Sometimes I can be editing for 5 mins and it will happen other times it might not happen all day.

Really don't want this to happen to customers when there using the site as most will then just think it's a broken site.

regards
2 years ago
Customers also have these problems. I request you to request this urgency
2 years ago
@erkan485  Please don't duplicate topics.

What version of nopCommerce?

Did you check the System Log (immediately after you get the error) to see if any messages?

What is your hosting environment?   Your own server or a third party host?  Windows?  Linux?
If it's a host, ask them if they have any firewall or something that could cause such an error.  Have them turn it off to see what happens.

Are you using a  content delivery network (CDN)?  In this case, temporarily disable your CDN and then check your site to see if it works.

Are you using any third-party plugins?   Has the problem always happened, or just recently after some changes?
2 years ago
Hi, I am using version 4.40. The problem happens intermittently. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it happens occasionally. Logging in is not possible without deleting cookies. It gets better after deleting cookies.
The server is my own server.
Thank you for your interest
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.