Order total discount is not shown in cart page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
In cart page I have some products that they have discount. Problem is in the section  that it shows the Sub-Total:
Shipping:
VAT:
Total:

Discount is missing?
I need this because the conversions are much higher when you show to the user the total discount before proceeding to checkout.
How is this enabled?

THanks in advance
3 years ago
What type of discount are you using?

If you've assigned to 'order total'.  the discount can't be calculated until a shipping method has been selected and you wouldn't see the discount in the cart, but would see it later in the checkout.
3 years ago
I am using Product discount. It should show the total discount of the order before the user is committed to checkout. In terms of conversion this is the best way to do it
3 years ago
pantonis wrote:
Product discount. It should show the total discount

Product discount showing discount per product (look at shopping cart section at the top), for total discount there is another type of discount which need to be used to get what you are asking.
If need to keep this type, it will require customization.

Regards,
Tom
3 years ago
Hi,

I have a similar issue. The discount type is "Assigned to products", the discount amount is a percentage, the percentage varies from one customer role to another, and all of the products have been assigned the necessary customer roles.

When a customer signs in, depending on their assigned role, they will see percentage discounts on all products in the store. These are clearly marked, and the original price is shown (with a strike-through) above or next to the discounted price. This works good for all products.

This issue is in the cart. When a customer goes to the cart, or checks out, the text shown below the price is this: You save: {0}: , item.Discount). See attached screenshot:

Any ideas on how I might fix this error?

We're using v4.20, and the plugin is the default: DiscountRules.CustomerRoles that comes with nopCommerce.

Thanks
3 years ago
That's a language resource meant to have it's placeholder {0} be substituted .  Did you make any customizations?
3 years ago
New York wrote:
Did you make any customizations?

Hi,

I've definitely made customizations throughout the site, but I'm not sure which ones could have caused this error. Are there specific files, which if improperly customized, could have caused this exact error?

I appreciate your time.
3 years ago
The key to tracking it down is to first search the language string resources in the value field.
Search for "You save".  You find this:
   shoppingcart.itemyousave        You save: {0}

Next is to search all the .cshmtl files looking for   shoppingcart.itemyousave.
You should be finding things like this in .cshtml files
    @T("ShoppingCart.ItemYouSave", item.Discount)

(3rd party themes might also reference it, although could be different syntax)
3 years ago
New York wrote:
You should be finding things like this in .cshtml files
    @T("ShoppingCart.ItemYouSave", item.Discount)

Brilliant! The theme's OrderSummary Default.cshtml page had the following:
    @T("ShoppingCart.ItemYouSave"): , item.Discount)

Once I corrected it, the savings immediately showed up under each product price.

Thank you so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.