Problem of register after admin delete user

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi!

If admin delete some user for any reason, in this case we can't register same user again because this user still in database but (Deleted = True).
if I try to register same email after that NopCommerce tell me that this user is register before.

Any suggestion?
3 years ago
mhdcindioglu wrote:
Hi!

If admin delete some user for any reason, in this case we can't register same user again because this user still in database but (Deleted = True).
if I try to register same email after that NopCommerce tell me that this user is register before.

Any suggestion?

Yes nopCommerce having soft delete. So customer with same email stay in database and you will not able to register from admin side. And by no luck admin also not able to restore it back. Because there is not interface.

You can develop or hire developer to just provide interface at admin side to restore it back with delete = false.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Jatin
3 years ago
Thanks!
3 years ago
There is a setting that you can get to only through All Settings:
customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers
Change the value to true.

It will only work going forward.  For the current email you want to reuse, you can do similar manually using SQL :
UPDATE Customer
SET Email = Email +'DELETED'
WHERE Id = nn

You need to replace nn with the Id on the Customer record.
3 years ago
mhdcindioglu wrote:
Hi!

Any suggestion?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, you can simply reactivate the account by setting the deleted field in the database to false (that is assuming you have database access).
3 years ago
tkolakow wrote:
... you can simply reactivate the account by setting the deleted field in the database to false (that is assuming you have database access).

Yes, you could (should), assuming it was a legitimate account (the real user registered, had orders, etc.)  Otherwise, it may be best to let the user re-register.
3 years ago
New York wrote:

It will only work going forward.  For the current email you want to reuse, you can do similar manually using SQL :
UPDATE Customer
WHERE Id = nn

This is built into nop.  There is a setting "customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers" which is false by default, but if you set it to true, deleted customers emails will get a suffix appended
3 years ago
bluerocksystems wrote:

UPDATE Customer
WHERE Id = nn

This is built into nop.  There is a setting "customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers" which is false by default, but if you set it to true, deleted customers emails will get a suffix appended

Is that not exactly what New York said above?  He also gave the SQL query to update any records that were deleted prior to the changing of the setting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.