Message queue not sending

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I testing the newsletter mailing. I'm receiving the test mail immediately. Only when I''m sending the actual message to (6) customers. It's stuck in the message que. When the messages are in the queu I can send a new test mail en I'm receiving this one also immediately... could be another prio (1?)

I have changed my code to the medium trust bug. The site is hosted by a provider so I can't debug code.

The log file says this:

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.GetWebResourceAttributes(Assembly assembly) at AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.IsScriptCombinable(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) at AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnResolveScriptReference(ScriptReferenceEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScripts() at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPagePreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.administration_logs_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\540f83c1\ade29d4d\App_Web_piknyfwa.19.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

https://secure.spicylemon.nl/administration/messagequeue.aspx

version : 1.9 medium trust

Any ideas?

Regards,
DonPasquale
13 years ago
This is also odd...

I'm looking at the Nop_QueuedEmail table. There are messages created on

2011-01-10 11:31:01.980 and send on 2011-01-11 09:03:38.803
2011-01-10 11:31:02.650 and send on 2011-01-11 09:03:38.957
2011-01-10 11:31:20.967 and send on 2011-01-11 09:03:39.020

It looks like something triggers the queue to send.

Regards,
Pascal
13 years ago
It also looks like the error message has nothing to do with this problem. The messages in the queue are not send in 60 seconds but much later.

<Thread seconds="60">
        <!--do NOT enable ClearCache task if you have enabled tracking online users-->
        <task name="ClearCache" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Caching.ClearCacheTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="false" stopOnError="false"/>
        <task name="PurgeOnlineUsers" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.UsersOnline.PurgeOnlineUsersTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false"/>
        <task name="Emails" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" maxTries="5"/>
        <task name="KeepAlive" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Utils.KeepAliveTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" path="keepalive/ping.ashx"/>
      </Thread>
13 years ago
I don't know what can cause the error. Try to debug sending workflow in NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask class
13 years ago
Did you find out anything on this issue?

I have  Messages that just sit in the Queue for hours.

I'm looking for some help.

Thanks,
Jay
13 years ago
Hey,

I've got a feeling its the same issue as these.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7470/queued-email-18.aspx
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3660/scheduled-tasks-activation.aspx?p=1

The Scheduled Tasks are not working.

I'm running the site under medium trust. I have not solved this issue. Although I have created a test page to manually start the tasks and that works. So it should be the tasks that are not working.

Regards,
DonPasquale
13 years ago
Please see the following topic https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7912/queued-emails-and-nopcommerce-190-under-medium-trust-bug-fix.aspx
13 years ago
Any change I cound have the ASP page so I can try it out?

Thanks,
13 years ago
still problem exist
12 years ago
Does NopCommerce need a SQL Server with the scheduled jobs enabled to send mail from the queue ?? If the hosting provider has SQL Server but has not enabled access to SQL Server Agent which are the alternatives for this to work ??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.