Nopcommerce 4.3 Live - Restart application kills app pool and website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Yes Andrei, I can confirm "Restart application" worked correctly on this updated version
3 years ago
Does the "updated version" also fix the problem when running within Visual Studio?  (Does it matter if running via IIS Express vs Nop.Web?)
3 years ago
Hi
@Andrei: Thanks for the work in finding a solution, i will also try it.
@Yidna: Thanks for testing that and giving feedback.

Kind regards,
Gonçalo Dias
3 years ago
If we can make sure that this works within Visual Studio and IIS Express, that would be perfect.  This is currently failing for me within Visual Studio as of this morning.  I'm going to download the latest version of the source and try again.

When I click Install on my plugin and click Apply Changes, I see that the plugin installs and SQL tables get created for my plugin but I get the Http 503.0 error.  Then, the plugin never switches back to "Uninstall" mode even after a restart.

nopCommerce 4.3
Visual Studio 2019
SQL 2012
3 years ago
bpejman wrote:
If we can make sure that this works within Visual Studio and IIS Express, that would be perfect.  This is currently failing for me within Visual Studio as of this morning.  I'm going to download the latest version of the source and try again.

When I click Install on my plugin and click Apply Changes, I see that the plugin installs and SQL tables get created for my plugin but I get the Http 503.0 error.  Then, the plugin never switches back to "Uninstall" mode even after a restart.

nopCommerce 4.3
Visual Studio 2019
SQL 2012

When working with  VS if you selected Nop.Web debug profile instead of the default one it should work fine. Is that what you ae looking for?

Best regards
3 years ago
Thanks for your reply.  In VS, my Nop.Web project profile is set to Debug and I believe that's the default behavior.  I see Debug, Release and Configuration Manager as options.

If I'm missing something, please let me know and thanks for replying.
3 years ago
So just to be clear, I have developed a simple plugin that creates a single custom table.  I developed this plugin in nopCommerce 4.2 using Visual Studio 2017.  I was able to install and uninstall this plugin many times while running my code in Debug mode in Visual Studio and IIS Express.   I would see the Uninstall button on my plugin after a successful Install.

Then when nopCommerce 4.3 was released, I downloaded the latest code, took the same exact plugin, modified it to work with FluentMigration and changed my Plugin.json supported version to 4.3.  When I click Install on the plugin in nop 4.3, I see the table getting created but I don't see the Uninstall button on my plugin.  It just says Install.  I also get the Http 503.0 error which I believe is contributing to this.  I'm also using VS2019 instead of VS2017 for version 4.3 development.
3 years ago
bpejman wrote:
So just to be clear, I have developed a simple plugin that creates a single custom table.  I developed this plugin in nopCommerce 4.2 using Visual Studio 2017.  I was able to install and uninstall this plugin many times while running my code in Debug mode in Visual Studio and IIS Express.   I would see the Uninstall button on my plugin after a successful Install.

Then when nopCommerce 4.3 was released, I downloaded the latest code, took the same exact plugin, modified it to work with FluentMigration and changed my Plugin.json supported version to 4.3.  When I click Install on the plugin in nop 4.3, I see the table getting created but I don't see the Uninstall button on my plugin.  It just says Install.  I also get the Http 503.0 error which I believe is contributing to this.  I'm also using VS2019 instead of VS2017 for version 4.3 development.

I believe that is a known issue, give a look at https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/80047/nopcommerce-430-bug-fixes-and-improvements/page/5#262834
3 years ago
My undrstanding was that the fix was only on the "Restart Application" function for now to test and get feedback.
Yes It worked in VS. i.e. It displayes the "Restarting Application" lightbox then exists as it always did
Then you restart the debugger.
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:
We've found a possible solution. It works fine on our local machines and on our servers. Please see the "503-status-bag-on-restart" branch

Could you please also test it and let me know the results before we merge it?

P.S. Currently it's implemented only for the "Restart application" button in admin area

Hi
I tested the bugfix version in my test VM. the 3 seconds are short. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
if the response time is too long, service will not be available.

thinks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.