Product Search problem

1 month ago
Hello, how are u guys ?

I have a problem with Searching product on my website, so here it goes

When i try to search "Xiaomi Redmi 8" it shows only "... 8A" and "... 8T"
Images for proof and better understanding
https://prnt.sc/sp7hz0

But i need "Xiaomi Redmi 8" not "Xiaomi Redmi 8A" or "Xiaomi Redmi 8T"

So when i put "Xiaomi Redmi" in search it shows "Xiaomi Redmi 8A", "Xiaomi Redmi 8T" and "Xiaomi Redmi 8" too. What could be the problem ?
https://prnt.sc/sp7ila


EDIT: Version is 3.70.
1 month ago
genelec wrote:
Hello, how are u guys ?

I have a problem with Searching product on my website, so here it goes

When i try to search "Xiaomi Redmi 8" it shows only "... 8A" and "... 8T"
Images for proof and better understanding
https://prnt.sc/sp7hz0

But i need "Xiaomi Redmi 8" not "Xiaomi Redmi 8A" or "Xiaomi Redmi 8T"

So when i put "Xiaomi Redmi" in search it shows "Xiaomi Redmi 8A", "Xiaomi Redmi 8T" and "Xiaomi Redmi 8" too. What could be the problem ?
https://prnt.sc/sp7ila


EDIT: Version is 3.70.



I found that my search couldnt do "one character search" how can i fix it ?

I mean i edited my Xiaomi Redmi 8 to Xiaomi Redmi 700 and when i put Xiaomi Redmi 7 it shows product on search...
1 month ago
heh, i fixed it by disabling full-text...
1 month ago
genelec wrote:
heh, i fixed it by disabling full-text...


nah, i didnt' fixed it, but there must be problem with full-text then, i need to search 1 character only...
1 month ago
Have you tried the "Exact Match" setting for Full Text in General Settings?  




Although "with prefix_term" may still grab "Xiaomi Redmi 8A" or "Xiaomi Redmi 8T" when searching "Xiaomi Redmi 8".  You will need to experiment, and if that setting still does not work then look at modifying the ProductLoadAllPages stored procedure, around line 77 you could try removing the * so the prefix behavior is ignored (or just comment out the BEGIN to END).


      --full-text search
      IF @FullTextMode = 0
      BEGIN
        --0 - using CONTAINS with <prefix_term>
        SET @Keywords = ' "' + @Keywords + '*" '
      END


With Full Text disabled, go down to line 138 and remove the + '%' after @Keywords, or comment the line out for an exact exact match.


    BEGIN
      --usual search by PATINDEX
      SET @Keywords = '%' + @Keywords + '%'
    END