SQL error when trying to run 4.3 after upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,
I've just upgraded a site from 4.2 to 4.3. Everything according to plan, I think.
- replicate database
- run upgrade script from 4.2 to 4.3
- delete all files
- shove in all new files
- visit the site and be impressed by speed and all new stuff...

But, I get SQL Error instead, it tries to create a table in database for some weird reason...
SqlException: There is already an object named 'AddressAttribute' in the database.

And:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): There is already an object named 'AddressAttribute' in the database.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite, String methodName)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SqlServer.SqlServerProcessor.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql)
ClientConnectionId:965aacd5-3ce0-46f3-86b5-12996dbdb750
Error Number:2714,State:6,Class:16

Anyone knows why it happens?

Thanks a bunch
3 years ago
Any ideas?
Why would it even try to create a database, after I've run the upgrade script?

It would be nice to be able to update to 4.3 but I'm kinda stuck here.
3 years ago
This is what it tries to run:

An error occurred while starting the application.
SqlException: There is already an object named 'AddressAttribute' in the database.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, bool breakConnection, Action<Action> wrapCloseInAction)
Exception: An error occured executing the following sql:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[AddressAttribute] ([Id] INT NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1), [Name] NVARCHAR(400) NOT NULL, [IsRequired] BIT NOT NULL, [AttributeControlTypeId] INT NOT NULL, [DisplayOrder] INT NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_AddressAttribute] PRIMARY KEY ([Id]))
The error was There is already an object named 'AddressAttribute' in the database.
3 years ago
OK, forget this one, it was SevenSpikes plugin(s) that caused all this. I've deleted all instances of their plugins from plugins.json and now the site works fine.

No idea why it didn't work, I've run their update sql file too.

Oh well, just several days lost for nothing.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.