Unable to connect to SQL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,
I am new to nopCommerce and trying my hands at it. I am able to get the docker environment up ad running along with the store and admin site. However, i am unable to connect to the sql server using the management studio installed on the host ?

Has anyone faced this issue ? as the site is running fine i am sure that the database is up and running and the website container is also able to connect to it.

I am using windows 10 machine and have installed the management studio standalone.
3 years ago
it could be any number of things, assuming you are trying to connect with the same values in the connection string from the webDOTconfig file, go through the checklist here to get started: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12774827/cant-connect-to-localhost-on-sql-server-express-2012-2016

when you say you are using Windows 10, is that the OS of the server or are you trying to connect to the server remotely from a Windows 10 machine?
3 years ago
I will recommend you to go through mssql docker guide first.  You might be doing something wrong!
3 years ago
af1racing wrote:
it could be any number of things, assuming you are trying to connect with the same values in the connection string from the webDOTconfig file, go through the checklist here to get started: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12774827/cant-connect-to-localhost-on-sql-server-express-2012-2016

when you say you are using Windows 10, is that the OS of the server or are you trying to connect to the server remotely from a Windows 10 machine?

I am using a windows 10 client machine as a host with docker containers for the sql server and nop web store.
3 years ago
santoshkmrsingh wrote:

I am using a windows 10 client machine as a host with docker containers for the sql server and nop web store.

Thanks for sharing the link but i believe that this link refers to SQL on a windows server and not a linux container.
3 years ago
santoshkmrsingh wrote:
Hi,
I am new to nopCommerce and trying my hands at it. I am able to get the docker environment up ad running along with the store and admin site. However, i am unable to connect to the sql server using the management studio installed on the host ?

Has anyone faced this issue ? as the site is running fine i am sure that the database is up and running and the website container is also able to connect to it.

I am using windows 10 machine and have installed the management studio standalone.

Most probably it might be related to port mapping/unavailable, firewall or wrong hostname.  Your website is inside same docker or same network in docker, so it can access database but your management studio is not!
3 years ago
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
Hi,

Most probably it might be related to port mapping/unavailable, firewall or wrong hostname.  Your website is inside same docker or same network in docker, so it can access database but your management studio is not!

true enough the firewall was on, i switched off the firewall and restarted the laptop to no luck. still having the same issue.
3 years ago
Are you able to connect using cmdsql?
3 years ago
Sorry, I mean sqlcmd.
3 years ago
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
Are you able to connect using cmdsql?

from within the container bash shell yes
But not able to do so from the host

below is the log of the sql server
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.