Postback problem in languages (also a SEO problem)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
For quite some time trying to solve a big problem with the language, but could not manage.

Even if I want to leave the current solution, which exists in NopCommerc can not because it is not well done in terms of function (programming is great made).

The mass of users are complaining that their web search engines do not recognize parts of multilingual NopCommerc. The reason to this is a problem which I will describe in detail

Suppose we have two languages, German and English, of which English is the main language

Take the well known group of books from NopCommerc. The administration will enroll under the German name for the group Pfund (German word for books). And a similar thing must be done to another groups or products, so we can distinguish between these two languages, ie thet we can see changes on the site.

And now we come to the main part of the problem. To change the language in NopCommerce you can use DropDownList and flags. And in both cases leads to the same problem.

If a user goes to the link for books in English (for me it reads):

http://localhost/nopcommerce/c29/books

everything is great and the text is in English and a link in the address bar is as it should.

But when the user clicks, for example the German language content throughout the web site has changed to German, which is great, but the link in the address bar is still in English

http://localhost/nopcommerce/c29/books

a link should be:

http://localhost/nopcommerce/c29/pfund

I believe that this problem can be solved, and I believe that together with NopCommerce team we could do it.

So let's try to find a common solution.

And if someone has already solved this problem I would be grateful if he or she would share the solution with us.
13 years ago
Hy Ben!

From what I can see from your articles you are very good in ASP.Net, and everything about web. I even learn a lot from you.

In that part you are wright, it is better if browser language choose on which language to show result. That part should always work like that.

As you know google try to look at the pages like a human I should read them (in theory).

But if we want to have a good result's with search engine in other languages, not just the default language, it is not good to change content of the page, but not the link in the address bar.

Think your self. You put your web products in many languages, because you want to sell in that markets also.

So you translate your products and content to that language.

And you have fine flags over your pages for every language. And when you click them, the page is changing, including content, title, seo of the page, but the most important thing, the link in address bar, which is also should be rewrite, is always the same. If you have ten languages it is ten times always the same

So how to have a good page rank for some product which is translate in many languages, if the link in address bar is always the same? Even human I and brain think something is not OK here, am I on the write page? Google look the same way and think you try to trick him. Why he would he put you on the good place with your product translate to German if the link in your address bar is always on the English?

I know it can have change if you go first to the home page, choose language, and then you click few times until you came to that product. But there is no difference between languages also there. There is always the same url link when you change langauges (the main url link), so why should Google make any difference between languages?

Regards
12 years ago
somebody has found some fix to it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.