How to install Fedex plugin for NC version 4.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
So I see the fedex plugin page says it supports version 4.3:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/shipping-plugin-for-fedex?utm_source=admin-panel&utm_medium=official-plugins&utm_campaign=admin-panel

However when I download the plugin, it has a folder with 4.00, 4.10, 4.20

Anyway, I took the Nop.Plugin.Shipping.Fedex folder from the 4.20 folder and copied to my Plugins directory, added the project to my solution, but I'm not sure how to install it.

I go to config > local plugins and I don't see it. I reload list of plugins and I don't see it.

Thanks
3 years ago
edit its plugin.json file to 4.30 and it will show up

"SupportedVersions": [ "4.30" ],
3 years ago
af1racing wrote:
edit its plugin.json file to 4.30 and it will show up...

Yes, it will "show up", but when you Install it it will crash the system (DependencyResolutionException).

It's been years since one could just modify a plugin's version text and the old plugin would work in new version of nopCommerce.   Recent upgrades have been pretty major, like .NET Core; but even updating support libraries like AutoFac, etc. would cause incompatibilities.

@primico
The versions supported on the marketplace listing is a typo.  As you've pointed out it "has a folder with 4.00, 4.10, 4.20".  Many plugins have yet to be upgraded for 4.30.
3 years ago
So, I did notice there was a 4.3 branch on git (maybe not released yet) and I installed and it appears to work. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
3 years ago
Is there and estimated timeframe for the availability of the nopCommerce FedEx shipping plugin for 4.3
3 years ago
lbroell wrote:
Is there and estimated timeframe for the availability of the nopCommerce FedEx shipping plugin for 4.3

Already here
3 years ago
Very cool!

It was one of the last plugins we needed to start testing our new 4.3 site.

Thank you nop team.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.