Deploying local code changes to web hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi

I have installed nopcommerce on my webserver and set up products, categories and some content etc.

I need to make some changes to the code. Once I have done this, how do I deploy these changes?

Do I use the normal method and deploy nop.web from VS? I am concerned about the work I have done in the CMS side will get overwritten. It seems like most content is saved in the database, so simple deploying nop.web should work fine?

Please let me know if you've done this and if my data and content will remain!

Thanks
3 years ago
Yes, you can deploy code changes from VS (make sure to build in Release mode).   Any configuration you did on your prod site in admin (e.g. 'Content Management', Settings, etc. ) are stored in the database.
3 years ago
Thanks for your reply!

Sounds like what I expected so just wanted to confirm!
3 years ago
Hi, how did you manage to setup Nopcommerce on a hosting webserver?

I've been trying to setup Nop on Godaddy but can't make it work. i get "HTTP Error 502.5 - Process Failure"

Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks a lot!
3 years ago
DSaiza wrote:
Hi, how did you manage to setup Nopcommerce on a hosting webserver?

I've been trying to setup Nop on Godaddy but can't make it work. i get "HTTP Error 502.5 - Process Failure"

Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Pls verify that you have correct version of .NET Core Runtime installed on the server.
3 years ago
Hello again!

I found out that godaddy doesn't have .net core, so i had to use Nopcommerce 3.90 and it works perfectly.

Just some adjustments like setting CAS trust level = FULL on  ASP.NET SETTINGS and permissions.

And that was it, i hope this information is useful to someone else.

Saludos!!
3 years ago
I recently moved from Go daddy to ionos for that exact fact that they didn't support .netcore.
3 years ago
GoDaddy shared hosting doesn't support dotnet core, but the more expensive VPS hosting setups  do.
With VPS servers you can self install what you need on the server.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.