Getting nopCommerce (.net Core) working on IIS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi guys,

Spend a few hours on this one but essentially here's what I had to do to get Nopcommerce (.net core) working on my IIS so I can do development work and build and see my Nopcommerce on my local machine.

After downloading the Nopcommerce solution (v4.3) and getting Visual Studio up and running, I published the Nop.Web website to a new folder I created. I called the folder: "MyShop" but you can call it whatever you like.

1. Had to set up .Net Core Web Hosting
(*) Following this guide on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-6z4BQmRI

2. I created a website for my Nop Commerce site
(*) At the end of the video, the speaker changes the App Pool setting: "Managed Pipeline Mode" to "No managed code" but I did not need to do this on my IIS App Pool. Kept it as default:

3. I made sure my website was pointing to my website folder: "MyShop" and also gave the special windows user group: "Everyone" full permissions.

4. I finally went into the Nop.Web web.config and removed the handlers and module settings.
(*) If I didn't do this, I would always get the error shown in this link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35320024/http-error-500-19-and-error-code-0x80070021-while-configuring-iis-server

5. At last, when I when to the Nopcommerce install screen in my browser, I needed to created a new login in my pre-existing database
(*) because I was using integrated security and windows authentication login for my Nopcommerce setup
(*) which matched the name of the AppPool my Nopcommerce was running on
(*) my database was a MSSQL server database
(*) I gave my new login dbcreator, sysadmin server roles

And my website is now running on my IIS on my machine!

Question for the experts in Nopcommerce, as I am a newbie here, the modules and handlers I removed referred to WebDAV Module being removed from the website. The comments specifically state that this is done so we can call "DELETE" calls to the website. By me removing this, what ramifications will I have going forward?
3 years ago
Hi,
I met the same problem in step 4, but I've solved them in another way without deleting any sections in the "web.config" file.
I deployed the website and gave the website folder full permission for IIS_IUSERS ("Everyone" is also OK, but "IIS_IUSERS" is more accurate). When I tried to access the website from my browser, I got the result "HTTP Error 500.19" that told me sections of "modules" and "handlers" were locked. Then I looked for solutions to this problem. After several trials, I found two methods below worked.
Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Information Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > Select ASP.NET 4.8
Click OK.
run 2 commands in cmd.exe (Run as administrator) to unlock these 2 sections
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd unlock config -section:system.webServer/handlers
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd unlock config -section:system.webServer/modules

Hope these can help you.
3 years ago
Thank you Frank for that info.

I'll give a shot and let you know what I find
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.