Email Setup on Azure hosted App

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
My site is hosted on Azure. Need some guidance for the email setup. Our email is with Office365 . The Nop version is 4.3. Purchased SSL certificate through Azure. SSL is installed and healthy. We can take orders and checkout with Payapal and Square Credit Card

These are the mail attributes
Email address  [email protected]
Email display name My Co
Host  smtp.office365.com
Port  587
User  [email protected]
Password  <Office365 email password for [email protected]. And yes I did select "Change password" button to set password>
SSL   Is Checked
Use default credentials Is not Checked

Send test mail to someone @yahoo.com
Hangs for a while then see this error:
An error occurred while attempting to establish an SSL or TLS connection. This usually means that the SSL certificate presented by the server is not trusted by the system for one or more of the following reasons: 1. The server is using a self-signed certificate which cannot be verified. 2. The local system is missing a Root or Intermediate certificate needed to verify the server's certificate. 3. A Certificate Authority CRL server for one or more of the certificates in the chain is temporarily unavailable. 4. The certificate presented by the server is expired or invalid. Another possibility is that you are trying to connect to a port which does not support SSL/TLS. It is also possible that the set of SSL/TLS protocols supported by the client and server do not match. See https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit/blob/master/FAQ.md#SslHandshakeException for possible solutions.

It seems like an SSL trust issue within Azure. Maybe?

Any thoughts
3 years ago
when I use port 465 the following error returns:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 52.96.91.66:465
3 years ago
Figured it out guys. If you disable SSL the email sending works. I guess Azure does not require an SSL for internal handshaking.

Thanks anyway
Jo
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.