Want to move images from DB to File System - Using Azure Blob for thumbs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me if I could run into issues if I change my nopCommerce setup to stop storing images in DB and instead use File System?

My main concern is that I am using Azure Blob Storage for all image tumbs and I wanted to see if this could cause any issues if I decide to move from DB storage to File System?
3 years ago
Anyone here that knows if this might cause any issues?
3 years ago
Yes, you can move to file system.
But when you click change to file system from media settings, It will take lots of time to convert all images to file system (depends on your number of images). Which leads to timeout in the middle and your application might close and facing issue.

From our experience, we faced that issue, so develop a custom plugin to move images to file system in a paged way. Like first 500 images then after completion of it, next 500 images. After completion of all images, we changed the corresponding settings from All Settings.

If you have few images you can take the risk, but make sure to take DB backup first.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.