What is karma? How is it calculated?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Oh and to answer the original question, I'm not sure "karma" is ever "calculated"! :)

For those who haven't seen it check out the TV comedy "My Name Is Earl" to see karma in action!
13 years ago
kingboyk wrote:
how to become a team member? Or will you advertise/invite as and when people are needed?

Here we go - https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8487/join-our-team.aspx
13 years ago
Andrei, you mentioned that "nopCommerce MVPs (most valuable person) nominations will be based on Karma points."

1) So are you going to award nopMVP logo to nopCommerce community members based on their karma points ? If yes, I don't see if anyone's being assigned any of the MVP logo...

2) Is this karma point system will be available in nopCommerce project too ?
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
So are you going to award nopMVP logo to nopCommerce community members based on their karma points ? If yes, I don't see if anyone's being assigned any of the MVP logo...

MVP will be awarded a bit later.

abcd_12345 wrote:
Is this karma point system will be available in nopCommerce project too?

Sure
13 years ago
a.m. wrote:
So are you going to award nopMVP logo to nopCommerce community members based on their karma points ? If yes, I don't see if anyone's being assigned any of the MVP logo...
MVP will be awarded a bit later.

Is this karma point system will be available in nopCommerce project too?
Sure

Thanks Andrei, it would be great to have this feature in nopCommerce project itself since it can be used in many ways (I hope it will be available in 2.0 version).
12 years ago
And here are the first two nopCommerce MVPs of 2011: eadameg, abcd_12345
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Thank you Andrei (and nopTeam) for awarding me with the nopMVP title, I really appreciate it!!!
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Thank you and the team for this recognition and mainly for your great effort you devote to keep up with this excelent e-commerce solution.
12 years ago
I think there is a real problem with the way karma is calculated because :  ...

- apart from replying to pm's and a couple of posts on the forum, I've hardly contributed on the forum at all since updating :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8011/getting-started-faqs-documentation-screencasts.aspx

on the 3rd of march - nearly three months ago.

Tonight I renewed my lapsed sponsorship and found that my name had come out of nowhere and had shot to the top of the  'Best rated members the last month '  list purely because my karma points have shot through the roof as a result of making a sponsorship donation.

I notice also that the best rated member of the last year has only made 3 posts in total - what I'm saying is, the two current top rated members (at the time of writing this post) have both been put in that top position simply as a result of making a donation - not as a result of actually contributing on the forum :(

So, it seems to me that karma points should only be awarded based on forum contributions and the link between sponsorship and karma points should be removed :)

- hayden
12 years ago
Hey hayden,

I agree with you !!!

Karma points should be awarded only for the stuff related to forum contribution.

Along with that karma points should be awarded for contributing extensions - As far as I remember, a user-friendly way of contributing extensions is under development process.

Even I think the link between sponsorship and karma points should be removed since "Sponsor" logo is itself a great way of awarding people who contribute in "Sponsorship Program".
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.