What is karma? How is it calculated?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am also waiting for karma point system in nopcommerce, please add this in nopcommerce
12 years ago
edcorusa wrote:
What version of nopCommerce do you think the karma point system will be integrated into? I feel this would be a nice feature. If there is a page in the Codeplex for this feature, please let me know so I can vote for it.

This task has a low priority because nopCommerce is an e-commerce system and it's not a forum software. You can go and vote for this feature here

P.S. This feature will not be added in the near time
12 years ago
I understand that is more of a eCommerce application. I really like the simple forum that it has. We use the forum just like you do, as a support forum. I have the same ideas the you do about having more of a community participation in support.

Thanks for the link. I will cast my vote.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

This task has a low priority because nopCommerce is an e-commerce system and it's not a forum software. You can go and vote for this feature here

Yes agree that nopcommerce is ecommerce but forum also can be used for support system in ecommerce business.

The item on codeplex was created on "Apr 28 2010" - more than 1 year

already got 23 votes - 23 votes are not enough to add this in nopcommerce ?

windows azure with 18 votes only was proposed for nopcommerce by dev team which has nothing to do with ecommerce and a lot of users don't even use azure.

better blog is also important and got 24 votes http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8855

how many votes will convince nop team to add both in nopcommerce ? blog and forum help in ecommerce business

better cms will make better ecommerce website, whoever asked for better cms here on forum was asked to vote but still votes are not enough to add these in nopcommerce ?
12 years ago
Totally agree with pepper

Anyone from NC dev team please comment on this.
12 years ago
@buzz I already commented above. 23 (or even 100) votes are not enough because nopCommerce is an e-commerce system and it's not a forum software. Once all e-commerce features are implemented, we will start on improving forums and blogs (basic forum and blog functionality is already added)
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
@buzz I already commented above. 23 (or even 100) votes are not enough because nopCommerce is an e-commerce system and it's not a forum software. Once all e-commerce features are implemented, we will start on improving forums and blogs (basic forum and blog functionality is already added)

I have noticed here and in the roadmap forums  that there is a problem in the way the community can cast votes for the work tasks. Everyone has an unlimmited number of votes. It could be one for each task, regardless of the time/effort required to accomplish it (i.e. the vote is the same for a simple feature or something like Multistore which is in itslef almost a complete new system) or its value as an e-commerce related feature,  but can cast only one vote per task regardless of the value of the feature for the person(s). So here is my suggestion:

Nop Features Virtual Store
Here the members of the comunity could "buy" their votes for the features they like and even buy more votes for the prefered  ones. In the store the products will be the different features proposed in Codeplex (maybe the 100 most voted). The price of each item would be according to the time/effort required to develope it and there could be some discounts for features which are more valuable or focused to e-commerce. The currency could be points earned by registering in NopCommerce and some other according to the karma earned each month, thus reflecting the financial or material contributions to the Nop community.
This will reflect more the needs of the community members and will encourage them to make more contributions to the community.
11 years ago
Just a quick overview. Don't you think karma is a bit buggy in this forum?

If I vote up user gets 10 points then I can vote down user loses 2 points so left 8. then I can again vote up on the same user and he gets 10 points again, vote down 2 points loses... So I can repeat this as many times as I can on daily basis.

Maybe is time to fix this? :)
11 years ago
paul.g wrote:
Just a quick overview. Don't you think karma is a bit buggy in this forum?

If I vote up user gets 10 points then I can vote down user loses 2 points so left 8. then I can again vote up on the same user and he gets 10 points again, vote down 2 points loses... So I can repeat this as many times as I can on daily basis.

Maybe is time to fix this? :)

Paul, thanks a lot for reporting. I've just fixed it.
P.S. This bug appeared just 2 week ago. Previously users could not change their previous votes (from "up" to "down" and vise versa)
11 years ago
You're Welcome!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.