What is karma? How is it calculated?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Still something wrong if I vote up it adds +1 if I again vote down it removes -2 ???
11 years ago
paul.g wrote:
Still something wrong if I vote up it adds +1 if I again vote down it removes -2 ???

Tested and checked everything several times. Everything works fine now. Perhaps, someone else was also voting up/down when you were testing it. Please try one more time
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Tested and checked everything several times. Everything works fine now. Perhaps, someone else was also voting up/down when you were testing it. Please try one more time

I tested it and now you can add or diminish just 1 point. Previously the vote could not be changed once it was done
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I tested it and now you can add or diminish just 1 point. Previously the vote could not be changed once it was done

Do you mean Karma points (displayed on the left side right under avatar and "Total posts") or number of votes (displayed on the right side of a post)? Karma points works fine now.

If we're talking about number of votes, your vote up it adds +1. If I again vote down  (the same post) it removes -2 because first we remove the result of one first "up" vote (-1) and only then vote down (-1), total -2.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Do you mean Karma points (displayed on the left side right under avatar and "Total posts") or number of votes (displayed on the right side of a post)? Karma points works fine now.

If we're talking about number of votes, your vote up it adds +1. If I again vote down  (the same post) it removes -2 because first we remove the result of one first "up" vote (-1) and only then vote down (-1), total -2.

I was refering to votes. And I think it  is working fine. My observation was that it was improved, since previously the vote could not be changed (Up to Down or viceversa) once it was done
10 years ago
Is the source code and sql table structure for the karma system available? I really would like to implement it with my already highly customized store.

Thank You,
10 years ago
mcselasvegas wrote:
Is the source code and sql table structure for the karma system available?

No, source of code of the official site could not be shared
10 years ago
Will this Karma/Voting feature eventually get in the next release of nopCommerce?
10 years ago
Kythor wrote:
Will this Karma/Voting feature eventually get in the next release of nopCommerce?

No. Such community features are not planned to be added to the official releases
10 years ago
The short answer is...
The more you participate/contribute/get voted up, the more karma you earn
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.