Gift card magic

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi, hej,
Maybe someone has done similar.

Is there a way to dynamically adjust the gift card value.

I have a meeting running at 6pm and one at 7pm.

35 attendees only at each event. The space at each event costs 10 per person

If someone books space for thier whole team, I want them to get one gift card. So they book for 5 people they get one gift card with £50 value and the count of spaces left reduces.

I don't want them getting 5 separate gift vouchers as they tend to misplace them, or find it awkward using 5 separate vouchers when they access they course.
3 years ago
I'm not aware that it can be done without customization.

I suppose you could create variants rather than have Quantity input.

Or, consider "Customer enters price" product attribute.
3 years ago
Thanks noptools, New York. I had tried combinations of product variants and had tried attributes bit cannot seem to get it working just the way I need.

Thanks for looking.
3 years ago
The variants will work if you create individual Simple products
1 seat  $10
2 seats $20
3 seats $30
etc.

Similarly it can work for Attributes.  You would use "Price adjustment".

The only downside is that you need to list all the possibilities.
3 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
If someone books space for thier whole team, I want them to get one gift card.

Gift card will be used to reduce final price of that seats? So maybe tier price will work for you?

Regards,
Tom
3 years ago
nop4you wrote:
If someone books space for thier whole team, I want them to get one gift card.
Gift card will be used to reduce final price of that seats? So maybe tier price will work for you?

Regards,
Tom

thanks Tom, can you elaborate if you have an idea in mind on how this might be used.

I tried tier prices but this then if i order more than one gift card to get tier to trigger it sends many gift cards. which defeats the purpose of 1 person booking for the whole team

if i use attributes to choose seat count 1-8 I can alter the value of the gift card to say £40 for 4 seats but this then does not allow me to control count of items remaining.. unless i am missing something obvious with the attribute.

i have 25 seats free for each timeslot and want the team lead to book the timeslot and pay for the timeslot in advance.
when the person arrives at the course they the team can use the discount voucher to access the materials and pick and choose the items they use using the single gift card to pay for the downloadable materials. they can share the materials among thier team.
3 years ago
You need to use  attribute combinations to track inventory. See the documentation
3 years ago
New York wrote:
You need to use  attribute combinations to track inventory. See the documentation

hey thanks for looking

Yes i have tried this, i added gift voucher, then i added 25 6pm attribute combinations and 25 7pm attribute combinations
but if i order for example 4 persons at 6pm course on an attribute combination this adds 4 separate gift vouchers.

i then tried using two separate products, a gift voucher for taking the payment reservation cost and a book place product with combinations to manage the seats, but this is clumsy from the users point of view adding two items just for one booking.

i tried then using an approach of needs associated product auto add to cart, but this again if four seats are booked using combinations it requests that 4 gift vouchers are added.

so the idea,
customer registers
they reserve 5 places and we take deposit maybe gift card....
they must tell us the time of the booking slot and we must be able to reduce this control inventory for each slot 25 people at 6 pm and 25 at 7pm daily for 1 week. then add extra weeks as course grows.
if a seat costs £10 i need a way to add 5 seats charge £50 only issue one gift voucher instead of 5 separate £10 gift vouchers. control seat access.. only 25 seats per timeslot.

it is a play on attributes and gift card functionality but i cannot seem to find a suitable combination..  fresh eyes might see a solution.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.