4.20 to 4.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi there,
I have nopcommerce 4.20 with netcore 2.2, i want to upgrade 4.30 with netcore 3.1 ,but its not work perfectly. I need clear setup with product,categories and tags. When i use export from 4.20 to excel and try import to 4.30 its have many issue(id's different).

So i need create sql bulk insert commands for Product,Categories,Tags. How to do it?

I have little(about 2-3 years experience) know sql and c# .net and netcore.

Important: I have good index on google when i try fresh install my old links gone and my seo is will be bad. I need copy old url to new shop.
3 years ago
mk148a wrote:
but its not work perfectly

What is not working ?
mk148a wrote:
(id's different)

Using the export/import does not use the Id's so they will never be imported the same

Do you have access to the database and can use SSMS ?
There is an Generate Scripts function that makes a query that can be run on the new database which allows the same Ids to be used
This could be used - but it would be a "work it out as you go" process not something to describe on the forum without actually doing it.
3 years ago
* I have 502 error when trying upgrade.

Best way is insert products and related tables to new database. I have access sql server and management studio
3 years ago
I dont understand where you are getting the error - do you mean when you run the Database Update?

Anyway here is a link to using Generate scripts
https://www.nuttyabouthosting.co.uk/knowledgebase/article/how-to-generate-database-scripts-with-data-in-sql-server
3 years ago
mk148a wrote:
i want to upgrade 4.30 ... I need clear setup with product,categories and tags....

Please clarify "clear setup".  Are you trying to create a new DB with just the "product,categories and tags", but not customers, orders, etc.?   If so, it maybe better to do the upgrade the normal way (with the upgrade SQL scripts).  Backup/Restore a copy of the 4.20 DB and apply the upgrade.sql,  Then DELETE FROM certain tables (e.g. Order, Customer, etc.   If there are FK constraints, you will need to do in specific order.)
3 years ago
Thank you very much for all, generate scripts is good for this situtation
3 years ago
If you use "generate scripts", then you probably need to use / understand  SET IDENTITY_INSERT
3 years ago
Hi all!
Please tell me how to update the platform 4.20 to 4.30 with all plugins and themes?
I did it according to the instructions. But how to transfer plugins, theme and images?
3 years ago
General upgrade instructions are here
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html
(but if you have 4.20 now, ignore renaming of .txt to json files, as they are the same)

Basically, it's a manual process, and you will need to get any external (3rd party) themes and plugins from the vendor, and ask them for upgrade instructions.
3 years ago
New York wrote:
General upgrade instructions are here
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html
(but if you have 4.20 now, ignore renaming of .txt to json files, as they are the same)

Basically, it's a manual process, and you will need to get any external (3rd party) themes and plugins from the vendor, and ask them for upgrade instructions.

I did everything as you described.
Still, I have to install the theme and plugins as I did when I first installed nopCommerce?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.